hearts of steel
[html]

(--)

Eris is by me!

One corner of the coal hybrid's mouth twitched in a faint expression of displeasure, but it did not boil madly to the surface. The dark hybrid was not one of uncontrollable rage and fire; more often than not, even her deepest anger was a beast she could harness and use to her advantage. As much as this rust-tinged woman unnerved her, the stranger could not completely shake The Auxiliary's cool.

Tsk, she tutted, just once, a single shake of her head given. If you came of your own accord, you should have given me your own name. I'll have it now, the dark woman said, ignoring the comment regarding the child. It was an extension of its mother -- outsiders received not a fraction of the warmth and motherly affection Eris reserved for her own children and the rest of Salsola, her true family.

Surely someone has told you of us, the chartreuse-eyed woman added, gesturing with one surprisingly long, spidery finger. You've brought a gift. Or am I mistaken -- is that your provision? she asked, inquiring almost politely now. There was a twinkle of joviality in her voice, though it was barbed -- a mockery of true camaraderie, of course.

<style>
#erisSie {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread