come fire, come water
[html]

(209) --

[image by sky]

An ocelot? This woman owned such an exotic cat? Sky sat straighter, the kitten in her arms finally calming down and accepting her scent for the time being. Pretty sure they'll be almost the same size, if my memory holds. I haven't had the pleasure of actually seeing an ocelot up close, but I've read about them in books. Mama's small, so these guys will probably be smaller, but not by much. She explained, thinking it over as she did.

She looked down at the kitten left by its mother and sighed softly. ...that's if the poor things survive the winter, though. Without their mother, it'll be hard for them to eat. They don't look as if they're ready to be weaned yet, sad to say. Sky had goats, though. Goat's milk was good for tiny newborn critters, especially carnivors, if the doe's diet was supplemented ahead of time.

She'd have to ask Skye for a lot of Chedder's milk. Hopefully the capitina would be accomodating.

Name's Sky, by the way. Sky Rhiannon. I'm d'Arte's crazy witch doctor chick. She mused without any real display of professionalism. Why bother? I've got goat's milk at home for this little Fella, but we don't have enough to spare for two. Would anyone you know be up to caring for a kitten, talkative or not? I'd hate to leave here thinking this little fluffball's sibling would be abandoned to die. Pfft, a soft spot for kids, no matter what species.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread