come fire, come water
[html]

(366)

Eris is by me!

The dark woman nodded her understanding, yellow-green eyes still studying the other cat and its dead mother. If it was a female, would she have to keep the girl and Itzcitla separate? If they were together, would they breed exotic hybrid kittens? Would her lovely spotted boy even appreciate such a companion? Eris knew the work that went into raising a kitten -- even the older kittens were work. The cougar Ouija had delivered to her had required training, but at least she had been of-age to eat meet. Eris could not imagine the time and effort that had to go into raising a kitten younger than Queen. She considered, flicking an ear toward Sky to listen even as the gears in her brain whirled around the possibility of this kitten.

The introduction sent a jolt of recognition through the dark Auxiliary, but even knowing she had heard that name somewhere before did nothing to jog her memory of where they had met and what had happened. She frowned, turning to look at the woman. Eris. I think we've met -- I have quite the poor memory for acquaintances and the faces of passerby. Forgive me if I don't recall our previous meeting, if in fact we had one. This was spoken in a brisk manner, though the dark coyote did not intend to offend, either by suggesting Sky was merely a passer-by in life or by any other means. The apology stood to prove that: the dark coyote rarely, if ever, asked for forgiveness.

I think I might take it. Perhaps it would be a companion for my ocelot, the coyote said, stepping forward. She reached a hand toward the small cat, which spat and hissed much like its sibling. Nevertheless, the dark woman plucked it up fearlessly, scruffing it behind the neck as its own mother might have. She held it up, tucking her other hand beneath its back legs so it did not have to dangle painfully. It regarded her with fiercely blue eyes, a high-pitched growl rumbling from its tiny throat. Oh, I've made a friend, the coyote muttered, grinning at the little thing all the same.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread