crime scene investigation
[html]

Word Count :: 328 <3

As busy as he was trying to get rid of the evidence, Skoll didn’t hear his mother step into the house. Usually his ears were trained to the door whenever she went out on one of her walks, but right now he was covered in fluff and on the floor. And so when he heard her clear her throat, his heart pounded and his wide green eyes lifted to her blue ones. Her arms were crossed in the standard parent posture, and he flattened his ears in anticipation.

His tail waved once at being called “sun chaser,” but then his mother spotted the torn-up teddy bear. She only chuckled and smiled, though, so Skoll grinned and bounced closer to her ankles. Soon the bear became a fallen foe instead of a ruined toy as Ayita Catori spoke to it before crouching down closer to him, asking him about the details of the epic battle.

The blonde boy tilted his chin up. “I rippa head,” he declared, now proud of his kill instead of ashamed. He frowned and cocked his head thoughtfully. “Bear coward,” he said. “Not like Prince. Eaaasy victoire!” He grinned and pranced around his mother, arrogant but playful.

“I protect Mom from bears!” he added, glancing tenderly at his Catori parent.

Image courtesy of ilovememphis@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.skoll1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BMJL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d8cc97; width:100%; max-width:600px; min-width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#616d6a; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skoll1 b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffbe0; text-shadow:#000000 2px 1px 2px;}
.skoll1 p { text-indent:30px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.skoll1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread