crime scene investigation
[html]

Word Count :: 266

Skoll’s green eyes never left his mother as she began the story. Ever since Terra told him about the end of the humans, he had wanted to know more and more about the mysterious creatures that dominated the earth before luperci. He didn’t really understand what the earth could be like so long ago, but he imagined everything pure and green as the gods had fashioned it.

The twist came soon, though, and the boy giggled at the thought of the sun and moon being lazy. He wagged his tail as his mother set him in front of her, but then he frowned as she described the plants and tides suffering without the rise and set of the discs.

His tail picked up tempo again as she explained that the humans knew to go to the wolf for help, bribing them with meat. He giggled again, and his eyes widened as she described the sun and moon chasers.

“Skoll an’ Hati,” the Prince echoed, in awe. She had always called him sun chaser, but he had never heard the legend of his birthright. However, this new knowledge only made him grin widely and wag his tail more; he spun around in a circle and ran across the room.

“I chase-a sun,” Skoll proclaimed, finding one of his balls and nosing it around, galloping after it. He paused then, looking at Ayita. “Do they get sleepy? Skoll an’ Hati? I get sleepy.” The little cub liked to think that he could run forever and ever, but he would have to leave that up to the legendary wolves.

Image courtesy of ilovememphis@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.skoll1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BMJL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d8cc97; width:100%; max-width:600px; min-width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#616d6a; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skoll1 b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffbe0; text-shadow:#000000 2px 1px 2px;}
.skoll1 p { text-indent:30px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.skoll1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread