Red Silk
[html]

No, it's fine; I didn't know if it was a general thing or not. xD I understand because class has been sucking my muse too.

Word Count → 233

A smile out of nowhere and hands reaching into saddle bags caused Vesper to lift a brow though she said nothing, only stood and waited. When she produced cards tied with red ribbon, the scarred woman leaned forward slightly. She had seen scattered cards here and there in Halifax, but she had never understood the purpose of them. Unable to read, Ves automatically assumed the symbols on them were letters that she shouldn’t bother with, and so she’d always considered them as pointless.

The way that Isabella held the deck seemed to contradict that, however. She held them close to her breast, like a precious infant, and after her light laughter made the offer to do a “reading.”

Vesper lowered her ears. “Sure,” she said unsurely, not quite comprehending what the woman was talking about. She supposed it was her trade, however, and while she didn’t mind giving the advice for nothing, she did understand feeling obligated to match what others offered. If it made the coydog easier, Vesper would let her do what she willed. “I’m afraid I don’t understand, but I would like a reading, if you could explain it.” Her tone was uncertain but not quite embarrassed; she had no need to feel ashamed for something she couldn’t have possibly known. However, admitting that she didn’t know something was always a little hard on her pride, justified as it was.

<style type="text/css">
.vespiary b {font-weight:bold; color:#e4862a; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespiary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.vespiary {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#7c3d1a; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/fco4ch.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #351801; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#351801; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.vespiary .wordcount {color:#e4862a; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #351801; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.vespiary .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread