The world is dark and cold
OOC: Just outside of the territory near the boarder tree. Hotaru is in optime form.
Preferred Rank: Traditional
Currently Played Characters: Kiara Amarok (InH)

"Hotaru, wait here. I'm just going to check the area. I'll be back in a few minutes, so don't worry. Fawkes is in the tree not two paces away." Cain's calm voice was reassuring in the dark and his large hands guided the blind female as she sat down on a fallen tree. The grey woman tapped her staff against the log twice before sitting down. She listened as it produced a hard sound that told her the log was sturdy rather than hallow. Cain had helped her craft the staff while she was still recuperating and it was proving to be very useful. The nomad had lead Hotaru into some sort of forest for some unknown reason. He had simply said they needed to travel. Hotaru listened to the nomads receding footsteps and a knot formed in the pit of her stomach. Somehow, something didn't seem right. On the way here Cain's steps seemed to hesitate, but now his steps were sure and quick.

Hotaru sat and listened to the forest. Minutes turned to hours and still the nomad did not return. The blind woman could feel as the forest's ambient temperature increased by a few degrees. Was the sun overhead? Fawkes gave a small cry and ruffled his brown feathers. Even the normally stoic bird was beginning to get restless. "Cain?" cried the woman in a nervous voice. She did not need this, not now. Hotaru was still feeling the effects of her brother's betrayal and she wasn't sure if she could take another. Without someone there to help Hotaru, she would be stranded in this dark world. Hotaru's ears flicked back and forth searching for any sound that even remotely resembled a footfall. Out of habit, the young woman swiveled her head and her unseeing eyes moved in their sockets. The gesture gave Hotaru no comfort and only reminded her that she would never glimpse the world again.

"Cain, where are you!" Louder and louder, the desperate woman repeated her call, yet the only answer came from her avian companion. Finally Hotaru could take waiting no longer and she raised her maw to produce a clear and desperate howl. Hotaru could hear her own voice reverberate against the nearby tees and echo in the distance. Have I been betrayed...again?

Messages In This Thread