ain't ingenuity
[html]
+346

The woman grinned, mentioning that she had been trying to mask her scent before introducing herself as Terra. Wayne returned the smile and nodded slightly. “Might not be useful for huntin’, as you’d scare off all the critters, but I suppose it’s a good way to keep any luperci from recognizing your scent,” he murmured, and his brown eyes looked her over thoughtfully, smile fading. Why would she need to cover up her smell? He tried to keep himself from premature judgment, shaking his head before something else occurred to him.

“Assumin’ you found a dead cougar—is it still around here?” the wolfdog asked, already taking an experimental sniff though the reek of her and the fresh fish overwhelmed anything else. He remembered the mountain lion that Gypsy and Duke had stomped to death, the one whose pelt was being used as a canvas. He wouldn’t mind getting another skin without all the trouble, and if it was too rotted for that, he might still be able to find other uses. While traveling with his parents and with Dixie, he’d had to make use of a lot of unconventional resources.

Auburn hair falling over her shoulder, the woman crept up to the basket and looked through it, giggling. He smirked slightly, hooking his thumbs in his pockets and watching her until she had finished whatever he’d been trying to accomplish. He was used to bouncy girls and didn’t mind the seemingly pointless actions they went through; Dixie-May often had ideas out of nowhere or would do things just for the sake of keeping busy.

At her comments and playful wink, his shoulders shook with a soft but deep chuckle. “I’d appreciate that,” Wayne teased, pinching his nose. “Good place to decide to have a bath, though.” Looking at the water and deciding this would be as good at time as any to mess around and make a friend, he offered, “I can swim with you if we find a spot where the current isn’t so strong. Don’t want either one of us gettin’ washed away.”

<style type="text/css">
.waywa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e1d7b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #61501d; }
.waywa2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waywa2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#c8ba99; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S5Qbw.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 253px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#867555; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread