Bread And Circuses
[html]

(344)
That be the AWESOME of Inferni and the Lykoi you are basking in. c; <3 And your post was delish, shush you. Big Grin

Myrika is by me!

Thankfully, the stranger didn't seem too upset by her blunder, and the horse hadn't frightened him, either. Myri knew there were probably some backward folk out there who looked at horses as nothing more than another meal; this one didn't seem to be one of them. Though she towered over his four-legged form, the Optime woman realized she was crouching ever so slightly, making tiny efforts to lower herself and appear smaller. It was not an instinct of submission -- it was just how tall she was. She felt awkwardly huge at all times , and their difference of form only served to accentuate that awkward feeling. He explained himself quickly, and Myrika nodded, happy to get the business underway.

When he seemed quite finished, she nodded, about to speak -- however, Jacinto then seemed apologetic, his chocolate ears sweeping back into his mane. The Caelum smiled reassuringly, and spoke her piece. Helotes lives here, yeah -- and something like fifteen other relatives you've probably never heard of, she said, her tone airy and rather amused. I'm Myrika Tears -- probably your cousin, she guessed, rolling a shoulder in a shrug. He did seem a fair bit older than she was, but the russet-hued woman did not think they were half-siblings. He was too close in age to her own mother.

I'd relax -- I spent a long time worrying about joining here, but it turned out great, she said, relaying her own long tale succinctly. In truth, it had been months of dithering back and forth over whether to come to these very borders. Then, acceptance had been over and done with before Myrika had a chance to even get nervous. What can you do for Inferni? Your skills, I mean, she added, eager to get the questioning underway. I'll call for a leader when we're done, and I'll introduce you -- if you want, I mean, she offered. Sometimes she ended up introducing newcomers and their skills anyway -- it depended on what Sage or Ezekiel would ask.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread