Bread And Circuses
[html]

(366)
You're too hard on yourself. o:

Myrika is by me!

The rusty-hued coyote had felt much the same. The amount and number of family here -- family she hadn't known even existed -- was truly mind-boggling, almost dizzying. Jacinto didn't seem bothered by it or impressed either way, and that was good. Myri wasn't sure she would have known how to react to either thing, and she much preferred the most neutral reaction. A smile crossed her rust-splashed muzzle, and she nodded. Since... the beginning of the summer, I guess, she thought, considering. It hasn't been too long. I like it quite well, she said, her smile growing a bit more broad. It faltered as he continued, however, speaking of his mother and her death.

Ah, I'm sorry, she offered, both ears turning backward in appeasement. I've lost my mother, too. I don't remember her really well, the woman explained. Rachias was a faint memory, warm and distant all at once. Myri wondered if she would ever meet her mother as an adult -- for all she knew, the woman might have passed on by now. But -- hey, this is why we have all the rest of this family, right? Fill in those gaps, she said, though her laughter was half-hearted. Myri was not so sure she believed that. Some of this family was wholly good and she would like them -- Jacinto seemed to be falling into that category already -- but others? She was not certain, not at all.

Anyway, it'll be good to have another hand with the horses. Inferni has a lot of good animals. Well... no point in delaying, I guess, the coyote said, figuring she'd gleaned all that was necessary from her cousin. It was unlikely he'd be turned away, in any case -- Inferni seemed very much about its own blood, and Jacinto carried the most hallowed surname within the clan. The tall woman took a polite few steps away from the chocolate-hued male, tilting her head to the quickly darkening sky and offering a call to their leaders. It would be night soon, and Jacinto would want to get settled into his new home before total darkness set in.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread