bedazzled
[html]
The Witch Doctor

Word Count → 350 :: Big Grin Thanks. I snagged Raze's code to make it, but the photo manip is mine. x3 It was hard adding in the bobcat, actually.

They never mind people touring the town. As long as a trusted member is with them, strangers can come and go all the time; we're a trading pack above all else. If no one can come into town to look at our wares, then what's the point? She explained casually, turning to whistle for Queen, who came trotting over right away.

The mare stopped beside Sky obediently and the wolfdog murmured wordless praise in low-speech, moving to set Fella comfortably in the riding bag she'd set up for him. Queen here will walk along beside us. Not to worry, she's friendly. She took the mare's reigns in her hand and walked along beside her, pausing only to wait for Vesper to catch up before keeping pace beside the girl as they travelled along the short walk past the border tree.

And to answer your earlier question, if I'd saved lives before... yes, I have. She shrugged it off, though; it was her doing her job, simple as that. My friend, Valinta... she was attacked once, a long time ago, and it left her in a coma. She slept for days without waking and I had to keep her fed and hydrated the entire time, to make sure she didn't wither away. She thought back to the girl's smiling face before Argul had rained terror down on d'Arte and fondly missed the girl; Valinta and Sky had been insepperable once. Now, she was gone.

I don't know how many times I've patched up our guardian, Shawchert. He's always coming home beaten to near death. I think I've stitched every single scar he has now. Not a far leap from the truth, really; he'd only been given a few from his time away from d'Arte.

Then again... I've also taken lives. So it's not as if I'm a hero or anything. Her tone dropped as she said it, her mind whisking her back to AniWaya, to the prisoner's cabin she'd reluctantly called 'home' for many, many weeks. What about you, Vesper? What is it you do in Inferni?

<style type="text/css">
.bobcat1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#051200 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#603819; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bobcat1 {margin:0px auto; width: 450px; background-color:#a08f7d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r7cPj.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#41240f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.bobcat1 .name {color:#603819; font-size:50px; font-family: 'IM Fell English SC'; text-align:left; text-indent:5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.bobcat1 b:after {
content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread