A Morning Game
[html]
OOC: ♥

Glancing down at what had once been a bloody mess with an arrow tip stuck in it, Liam grinned. He was perhaps being a little selfish, but he was happier about his success in healing the leg than Terra actually having full use of it and not hurting anymore. It meant that he was a good healer – that he had chosen the right path for his co-rank and that he would ultimately become a great asset to the Court. “Well I'm really glad you're feeling better.” he said, and he truly was. “And thanks, that means a lot.” he added, replying to her words of him being a brilliant doctor. His smile widened even more.

It didn't come as a surprise when Terra showed him her other wound. She was a spitfire! A ball of energy always on the go and stirring up trouble! Liam had gathered those facts very quickly upon first meeting her a month ago. Mentally shrugging those thoughts away, he quickly inspected her shoulder – at least as best as he could from his position a couple feet away from her. Considering he didn't have anything with him, he probably couldn't do much about the bite. But then chances are, he couldn't have done much even with medical supplies. “What kind of trouble did you get into this time?” he asked. His tone wasn't scolding however. It was actually amused and the smile on his face showed that the pickle that had been up his butt the last time she'd gotten injured wasn't there anymore. Yes, he was definitely more relaxed nowadays, his paranoia from the war mostly gone.

When she spoke about food, Liam glanced at his kills. “Yeah – I'm glad we've managed to get that much food in so little time. I was a little worried at first but it was all for nothing. Besides, there will still be preys in winter. We'll just have to look harder.” he said. A lot of animals would be sleeping until Spring, but not all of them. It was reassuring to know that, because while they did have quite a lot stocked up, in March or April, the supply could diminish pretty fast, especially the meat. While Liam wasn't opposed to eating poppy seeds and chestnuts, a strict diet of such wasn't as appealing.

“It'll be my first clear one too – I was born in the middle of the season last year and only remember fragments of it. I'm kind of excited; now that I'm not so nervous about starving to death.” he laughed. It was odd to think that Terra was actually a little older than he was. But not by much – a month or two at the most. She clearly wasn't as mature as he was, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. He'd had to grow up a lot because of the war and she had the fortune of not having to deal with all of those nightmarish thoughts. But then when you thought about it, she had seen a lot more than he had, traveling around Nova Scotia and coming from a pack pretty far from here. It made Liam's couple escapades look like a walk in the park. If there was one thing that would be new to the both of them however, it was winter. The snow, the cold, the ice, the scenery, the whiteness...

As Terra brushed past him, Liam grinned again. There truly was a lot of things they could do and with their adventurousness combined, not to mention their creativity, they would undoubtedly find something to occupy their time with for the next little while. He turned around, leaning on the tip of his toes, prepared to take off at a run. “Alright – although we can't stray too far. I don't want this food to get stolen or eaten.” he said, gesturing towards the kills near the tree. He started jogging at that point, lightly pushing Terra once he reached her.

<style type="text/css">
.liamcatori1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#061b35; text-shadow: 2px 3px 3px #56939d; letter-spacing:.0px; font-size:13px; }
.liamcatori1 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liamcatori1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b3b7b8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2uors4x.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #061b35; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:12px; color:#061b35; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
WC: 674

Basic table code by Erin, edited by Kit.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread