devil's in the details
[html]

xD bullet-time

Vesper had accomplished what she’d wanted to do—keep the hand from grabbing her as well as get behind her mentor as instructed. However, victory had come at a price: scraped knees from losing her balance as well as a scraped ego. She merely growled and shook her head as she stood, brushing dirt from her knees before turning to meet the amber eyes of the she-wolf. X’yrin appeared pleased with what she’d managed to do, even though Vesper felt a fool.

“It was more difficult than you know,” the tawny female replied, though she smirked at last and dipped her head. “But I see what I need to work on now. I need to trust myself and by body before I start planning the crazy stuff.”

Admitting this was hard as well, but at least now she knew the value behind the Nomad’s lesson. Still, she didn’t want to clumsily flail about this way in every fight, merely praying that she’d be able to execute a move. Perhaps with practice she wouldn’t have to think, wouldn’t even have to plan the tricks that flashed quickly to a mind otherwise focused on instinct.

“Do you have another task for me, master?” Vesper asked, grinning and bowing in an exaggerated fashion.

<style type="text/css">
.vesbluecrack b {font-weight:bold; color:#485066; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#f0f2f6 0px 0px 1px;}
.vesbluecrack p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesbluecrack .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesbluecrack {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afbcd1; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w3ddac.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#544e50; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread