devil's in the details
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 384 words. Slight PP, let me know if you'd like me to change it.

She was encouraged by her student’s keenness to her words. Adapting her searching eyes to the smaller female’s form, she looked for signs of distress upon her face… perhaps an inkling of doubt that would cross her eyes or the darkened shroud of disappointment upon her brow. Her words were by no means an attempt to dampen the girl’s resolve, more so they were meant to thoroughly explain what she would find for herself and the dangers within. However the Nomad was pleased not to see a darkness cloud her eyes, but a determined light. Even as her brows furrowed at the Exultare’s spoken words it was not of disdain but of contemplation. The gesture of understanding was well received and brought relief to the golden female.

Well, if Vesper truly understood then there was no reason to doubt this progress.
“Then there is no reason not to begin,” she affirmed with a gentle smile. Smoothly, the woman brought herself to stand by strength of her legs alone and gestured for her student to rise as well. There was little need to ponder on what to teach first. As her Shepard had done for her, so would she do for Vesper, leading her through the same lessons and techniques however absurd and mind-numbingly drawl. She had full confidence that the end result would be what he companion strove for and she would be better for it, her potential refined with a mind free of distraction. The day when she could look upon such a face of confidence would be a rewarding day for them both. She was certain of it.

“Vesper we will begin by training your mind. Not unlike meditation or goal is to relinquish the unnecessary thought and leave you only with a single notion. For the time being we will begin with defending.” Swiftly an opened hand shot out to grab the smaller female’s muzzle leaving little time for thought of retaliation. It was again meant to open that latent instinct so that her pupil could take from it as she willed. “In your mind should be only one task; defend yourself. Defend against me. Do not think of an attack, move instead. Trust that you WILL keep yourself from harm… or my claws WILL tear through you. Now... Protect yourself!”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread