shadows in the dark
[html]

Word Count :: 300+

The male swung around with lips twisted in a snarl. Vesper relaxed only when he met her eyes and showed no signs of attacking; when he spoke, it proved he was no shadowbeast from her dream—even if he could have easily slipped from it out into the real world. He looked so frighteningly like a twisted, scarred, angry version of Helotes that she remained suspicious, though her fur lay flat and her ears tilted forward to catch his words.

“There is a difference between caution and cowardice,” the tawny coywolf replied without pause, her tone smooth and aloof, “and you don’t know enough about me to judge me. You also smell too new to know much about Inferni, for that matter; your scent is why I acted as I did.”

The lie dropped easily from her lips, hiding the moment of weakness that he had been right about, though she didn’t think of herself as weak at all. Her words were logical and calm. She could feel her mind, shaken after that dream, piece slowly back together and restore her composure for her. Her light blue eyes scanned the male, or what she could see of him by the starlight; she could tell that he was large and muscular, and dark like Helotes if perhaps overall darker, and his face at least showed evidence of heavy scarring. She could only wonder if that would pertain to the rest of his body, hidden in shadow.

He asked her who she was, and tersely she stated, “Vesper.” It wasn’t as if he was asking her life’s story, or why she was here—though she would have been somewhat ashamed to answer that a nightmare had driven her to restless paranoia. She frowned then turned the question onto him: “And you? Although I have a guess who you’re related to.”

Image courtesy of venomxbaby@deviantart; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Ves2 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Ves2 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Ves2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#485776; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Ves2 {background-color:#232631; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #171a22; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5717/vespertab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:306px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Ves2-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread