shadows in the dark
[html]
OOC: Sorry he's such a jerk Dx / 356

Columbine did not appreciate the tone the female adopted with him, aloof and lofty as it was. His crimson eyes narrowed in distaste, and his tail flicked behind him in moderate irritation. I do not need to know you to assess your methods of approach, the male sneered, giving a look of endless disdain to the significantly smaller female. Regardless of how new I am to Inferni, the scent alone should be enough to comfort you that I am not a danger to you. It was not a lie, necessarily. Columbine, in his own exalted opinion, was a danger to the little female. From his vantage point, eliminating the girl - should he choose to do so - would be nothing more than an irksome task.

And yet he had no desire to do so. Coldhearted as the male was, he was not one for wanton killing or attacks; what good would it do, anyway? This female, packmate though she was, meant nothing to him, though he did see her as a potential weakness to Inferni. In his mind, he was formulating all sorts of scenarios in which she proved herself a liability and he, the exalted guard of Inferni, made the decision on her fate. Such power, such responsibility: the idea was like a drug to the shadowy male. His face, though, betrayed no such fantasy. Columbine's expression remained impassive and slightly detached.

She asked his name after she gave hers - Vesper, with no surname attached. He furrowed his brows and wondered for a moment if they might be related; his lineage was prominent in Inferni, though he doubted it. Columbine Lykoi, he stated simply, voice rather neutral. And I assume you are referring to my brothers, Helotes and Jacinto Lykoi, who live here as well. Then again, I am related to much of the clan. Columbine gave her a little smile, though it was chilling and strange in nature; such expressions did not suit the male's intimidating presence. It came across, essentially, as more of a sneer. What are you doing at the borders so late, Vesper? You appear to have no purpose.

<style type="text/css">
.coluly b {font-weight:bold; color:#962d2d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0e0101; }
.coluly p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.coluly {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#532524; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6DIsk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 305px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#815041; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.coluly p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.coluly p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread