shadows in the dark
[html]
OOC: (: / 441

The scarred man could not help but develop a distaste for the sassy woman before him. She had thus far been extraordinarily disrespectful and irritating, an unwanted plague on his otherwise purposeful nocturnal wanderings. Bright umber eyes darted back and forth as she spoke, keeping an eye on the skulls; though he heard no sounds and smelled no scents, Columbine could not be sure there were no potential intruders. Inferni was close to other packs, and the male would not hesitate to use force to remove any wandering wolves. If he were being honest, he relished the idea. Regardless, he attempted to focus on her, though he made no efforts to conceal his restlessness. This Vesper woman, clan-mate though she may be, held no glory in his eyes, no particular reason to be polite.

Her sickly sweet tone and blatant sarcasm irritated the Lykoi male, and another snarl rose momentarily on his lips before it was quieted. Still, Columbine would not attack a member of Inferni without intense provocation, and while this woman was a thorn in his purposeful side - a big thorn, one with lots of extremely uncomfortable spikes - she was nothing more than that. He would allow her the conversation; he assumed, being out of bed and away from the rest of the clan, that she must be troubled. Such an assumption was lofty and unfounded - she had given no indicator of such - but merely drawn upon his own proud conclusions. Inferni is lucky to have my brothers and me, the male remarked, a response to both her knowledge of Helotes and the sass she exhibited earlier. Whether or not it was true in Columbine's mind, however, was a different story. Where he might once have held love for Helotes and Jacinto, there was now a blackened mass of destruction known as his heart.

A smirk slid across his face again when she mentioned his racket, and a single brow was raised. Oh really? the male inquired, a mirthless chuckle escaping. Yes, I can imagine a single crack from a stick is loud enough to wake the types of you. With such sharp ears and light sleeping, Inferni shall be eternally safe. Columbine jabbed at her earlier remark that he was an "upstanding citizen", attempting to turn it around on her. But the male was quickly growing weary of simply standing, and his darting eyes revealed that. I am going to continue my patrol. You are welcome to accompany me or not; it does not matter. He gave her a pointed look. It is unwise to leave borders, even those as blatant as ours, unpatrolled.

<style type="text/css">
.coluly b {font-weight:bold; color:#962d2d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0e0101; }
.coluly p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.coluly {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#532524; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6DIsk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 305px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#815041; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.coluly p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.coluly p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread