the queen of carthage
[html]

It appears I am always apologizing, but sorry for the delay D:

Word Count: 400+

Shandom found he quite liked to look at her in this form. If she had been lovely on two legs, she was absolutely stunning now. A small smile played across his lips as he quietly examined her dark pelt, her muscular grace... Caprica appealed to him, now more than ever, and he remembered why he had not forgotten the female, nor stopped thinking about her. There was something that drew Shandom to her, something that made him forget he was so scarred and terrible to behold... Perhaps it was her similarities to his lost sister, the beautiful woman he fell in love with all those years ago who had been replaced by such a terrible monster. But Caprica did not have any of the madness Lea held in her topaz eyes; indeed, the female before him had eyes a stunning shade of emerald. Shandom found he quite enjoyed looking at them.

It's perfectly all right you didn't - everything has been so busy, and I have been so transitory; had you gone to Cours des Miracles, it is unlikely I would have been there anyway. His words were soft, gentle; his voice, a rich and velvety baritone. I hope everything is okay, Caprica, Shandom said quietly, meeting her gaze with his. But he did not want to burden her, or assume to be her confident; the white male did not implore further, and would not ask again unless she offered more information. It was not his place, and Shandom had never been the type to question further (although he would certainly continue wondering what made her seem so much sadder). She mentioned she was down here visiting her father, and that confused him - did her mother and father not live together in the same pack? He kept the quizzical expression off his face, chalking the new information to the strange nuances he'd been experiencing since finding this bizarre new land. So many times he wondered why he came this far West; Eastern wolves, he'd decided, were much more normal.

If he could have blushed when she said she found his trail and followed it, he would have. Instead, he resorted to giving her a wide, magnetic smile; a smile that transcended his scar and ruined appearance. I am flattered, Miss Caprica he murmured. I have wanted to see you since we met in the woods - you intrigue me, if I am being honest.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.shandom-rainingocean { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CyXa0.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d2e9ef; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #3399CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.shandom-rainingocean b {color:#3399CC; }
.shandom-rainingocean p { color:#00303d; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.shandom-rainingocean p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.shandom-rainingocean .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#3399CC; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.shandom-rainingocean .wordcount {color:#3399CC; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread