the queen of carthage
[html]

I have no idea where this monster post came from! Most of it's babble, haha.

Word Count: 600+

Shandom sighed when she asked why he wouldn't be in Cours des Miracles, and mentioned how, the last time they interacted, he said he liked it there. How could he explain to a wolf who, for her entire life, knew the ability to shift? How could he make it clear to her without sounding like a complete imbecile that this advanced, modernized lifestyle was not for him, and never would be? It had been weeks since he shifted out of Lupus form, and Shandom felt more comfortable that way. But in Cours des Miracles, it made him feel like an outsider. He remembered the pretty woman he met, Princess, who wore clothes and stylized fur and thought herself beautiful - Shandom had never gotten past the absurdity of the whole thing. Things changed, he stated simply, though he intended to elaborate. I thought I would be able to adjust to this more... Oh, I don't know, civilized lifestyle. But that's not who I am, and Cours des Miracles has denied me of my inner nature. It is not their fault - they are all good wolves - but I cannot help who I am: a grouchy old traditionalist who prefers life on four paws. Shandom gave her a roguish grin and wink at his little self deprecation, though the male did not mean it. He saw no harm in admitting his true, inner nature. It was a little bit like talking to Lea-Belle.

He would have been embarrassed that he admitted he thought of her if she did not make his heart beat faster with her sass. The half blind male let out a coughing chuckle and wagged his tail as well, resisting the urge to bump his cold, wet nose against hers. Ah, yes, hunting! Shandom exclaimed, his devilish grin growing wider. I completely forgot, I must admit, though I would love to be of assistance to you. I suppose your beauty overshadowed it, in my mind. He knew he was being slightly over the top, but he didn't particularly care. Caprica, like other females, was just that: a female. If there was one situation where the alabaster male had confidence, it was when it came to wooing pretty women. And he would be damned if the Anathema female wasn't the prettiest he'd come across yet - especially when she was in this more natural form. It suited her.

This form - it suits you, Miss Caprica, Shandom smiled. I know it is in your nature to enjoy two legs as well, and you are lovely then as well, but you look especially fine today. A flatterer by nature, the male could not help but pour on the sugar to the sweet girl. She was younger than him, certainly, but she was also mature: he could not help the twinge of desire he felt for her. But Shandom would ignore that, as he thought her to be at least slightly classier than that, unlike some of his more recent conquests. Sometimes the scarred male feared that he was by chance drawn to females in heat, and there were a million little hot tempered Qi'Vaex spawn running around somewhere. Luckily, he only knew of three. Anyway. Shandom glanced away from Caprica for the moment, letting the scent of prey distract him momentarily from the female. I do smell what I believe to be several deer, if you'd be interested in trying to hunt some. Or, of course, we could seek smaller prey, if you would prefer to start small. Shandom did not mean to come across condescending, as he did not doubt Caprica would be capable of either. It was simply a question.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.shandom-rainingocean { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CyXa0.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d2e9ef; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #3399CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.shandom-rainingocean b {color:#3399CC; }
.shandom-rainingocean p { color:#00303d; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.shandom-rainingocean p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.shandom-rainingocean .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#3399CC; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.shandom-rainingocean .wordcount {color:#3399CC; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread