the queen of carthage
Words: 378
[html]
OOC: Please don't worry medear, I'm fine to wait, I do it to people myself often enough <3 Lolol how opposite they are.

It was possible that most of the reason Caprica was enjoying herself so much was simply the sensation of running with the older male, who as a distinguished and seemingly experienced wolf came up to her high estimations, and a little bit to do with the novelty of hunting on all fours, a skill lost to her in practice if not instinct. She matched his trot stride for stride, enjoying the way she could run so much lighter like this, her substantial weight evenly distributed instead of teetering on two legs. Every muscle was taut with excitement, lifting her higher off the ground than she would usually run, and her head and tail flagged proudly high, knowing they looked good together, the dark Anatheman and the ivory Courtier. Even she, with her bohemian love of decoration and ornament, could appreciate the simple beauty of trapping-free fur pelts and a clear snow-patched landscape. When she smelt the deer, though, her thoughts were anything but those of a pure and simple she-wolf: she saw spits and plates and gravy and delicious roasting meat drenched in spice and salt. She could construct all kinds of human-book based recipes these days, and often did. Shandom was inquiring as to her opinion, and she let the thought of what came next swim from her mind. She had to focus on the present moment, because this was a rare challenge for her. She tested the air carefully, figuring out which were young or old, male or female, before looking at Shandom with innocently wide eyes. "Okay, first I stake out a hide in the trees, then I load my sling..." she answered, then dropped the act and smirked mischievously. "No, sorry, I didn't just say that, don't worry. I, I guess we split up and one of us chases them towards the other...?" Her voice was halting and unsure. She knew she couldn't outrun a deer, so surely they had to be a little organised about this, but her mind kept ticking over and considering all kinds of peripheral details when what she should be doing was dropping everything and listening to her inborn knowledge: she would have been far more certain then.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread