the queen of carthage
[html]

Feel free to PP Shandom, as I just PP'd Caprica a bit. (: It's kinda short, I apologize D:

Word Count: 418+

Shandom was initially quite shocked when Caprica began her response. A sling? he thought, an incredulous expression on his ruined face. For one thing, what the hell is a sling? And what use would it have over teeth? I will never understand these wolves, even if she is quite...pretty. These human contraptions that the dark woman sometimes insinuated were never going to be the norm for him. He was quite content with tooth and claw, the instinctual way of his ancestors. Of course, this lasted only several seconds before a wide grin broke across her face. Caprica was quite pretty, and Shandom found himself thinking inappropriate things. Had she ever been with a man? Did her heart belong to someone; did she, perhaps, have a mate? Or was she lustful and wild, as many girls her age were prone to be? These were all questions he would not ask, at least not until he was a better friends of hers.

Luckily, she was kidding about the sling, and a chuckle fell from Shandom's lips. Good. I was worried you were being serious, and I was going to lose all hope for you. His words were almost silent, lost in the winter air; the male was a master of stealth, but he was still lucky he did not disturb the quiet deer. Caprica seemed to have excellent instincts when she responded, and Shandom nodded. She was correct, though she had not identified a key factor about the deer - not that he expected her to, as the male himself had just noticed it. One of the small herd was slightly lame. A doe, slightly chubby, limped to the outskirts of the group. A feral smile slid across his dark lips, and Shandom turned to Caprica. Did you notice she is lame? the male murmured. We should aim for her, and try to isolate her from her companions. You are correct in that we should attack from different sides; hopefully, she will be slow enough so that we may catch her and have ourselves a nice meal.

Shandom then slunk away from Caprica, sure not to disturb the snow enough so that the deer would be startled. It gave him a better angle from where he'd been with her; the male needed certain positions so that he could fully utilize what little vision he had. He locked eyes with her when they were in position, nodding to indicate he was ready. Hoping she was ready, the male prepared to attack.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.shandom-rainingocean { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CyXa0.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d2e9ef; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #3399CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.shandom-rainingocean b {color:#3399CC; }
.shandom-rainingocean p { color:#00303d; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.shandom-rainingocean p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.shandom-rainingocean .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#3399CC; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.shandom-rainingocean .wordcount {color:#3399CC; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread