Anything for a Smile
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Her prolong absence had finally come to a close. Endowed with new resolve and determination, the Nomad female looked upon the coming day with not a sullen gaze but a smile. The snowfall was light touching her shoulder adorned with her trophies in fragile flakes that dissolved upon contact. Her other was left unoccupied, a rare instance considering the avian that often took residence upon it. Instead he was nestled against the woman’s chest resting upon a stable arm while being shielded from the drifting flakes. His eyes were closed but senses remained keenly aware of their surroundings as his master lead them on patrol.

Danger was far from commonplace in these peaceful lands, yet the Exultare had known for tranquil lands to be disturbed by starved beasts consumed by desperation. It was still early in the season, but hostility had no set course or time. The quiet, productive lives under her watch could easily be disturbed by a stray’s hapless attempt to feed their self-sustaining needs. Firmly, the woman believed vigilance even in these peaceful times was a necessary asset not to be forgotten. The lives of whom she cared for and love hung in the delicate balance.

Once her sector to patrol was carefully remarked and inspected, the rest of the day was hers. Home was still untouched since her return and even now as she craved the warmth of both furred den and companion, she kept her wander along the outskirts of the Wentworth then ventured beyond a frozen patch of the East river into the frozen fields of the plainlands. Her walk was to breathe in the crisp winter air and recall the times when she stood amongst her comrades and familiar and sang of their triumph through another year. Yes, they had prevailed and this time next year they would lift their voices again and sing with joy of their stories. They would weave tales from the threads of their imaginations and share them with one another to bring smiles to their faces. Truly it was an exciting time, one she wished to share with her newfound family.

But the habits of an old life were hard to kill, and in keeping with the traditions of the Exultare, she played role of the Shepard in this private instance and cried her victory to the heavens. Another year has come and will be gone and still I stand. Let another year pass so I may live through it as well until Fate carries me to the ethereal lands of my forbearers.

ooc: 425 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread