Anything for a Smile
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Slight pp, please let me know if you'd like me to change it.

The lady looked quite small against the grand scale of white, but it was not her size that made it so. In the amber lights of the Exultare, Nayru had always stood with such a kind assurance of who she was and where her place would be within this world. Well concealed were the uncertainties the other might have had, a stark contrast to the emotions that played unrefined upon her own muzzle, and the Nomad drew strength from such an example. But to see her like this now… so small and frail, she took it upon herself to act as a pillar of strength be it needed or not for her comrade and friend.

Nayru had spoken of herself a tired, but the perceptive eye of the Exultare was not so easily fooled. Upon the woman’s delicate shoulders was a great emotional weight, recognized by having endured something of the like only recently. X’yrin could feel the manner in which the lady leaned into her, seeking what warmth she could spare, what kindness she could give to this yearning soul. And who was she to deny such a need? As she woman unfolded herself to the cold, X’yrin was by her side to encircle her shoulders and offer what warmth she could. Her face was one of worry as she looked over the Ryu’s tiny form. Her eyes wandered to the subtle rounding of the lady’s stomach and her heart was nearly taken by the cold.

But no, she couldn’t question it now, not when it was obvious the woman was carrying life. How it had happened, when and with whom were all questions she needn’t have an answer to now, nor felt it was appropriate for her to inquire. But the Exultare was ever curious, and as she peered into the lady’s belly as if the life within would somehow provide her with a truth, she found she wanted desperately to at least know with whom this life was created. Whatever question she wished to have answered was silenced as imperative action needed to be taken first. No wonder the woman was tired… Carefully she withdrew the owl from her chest and held him out at arm’s length. “My friend, please head home. I will return soon.” He needn’t be told twice before taken off from her arm, soaring to his comfortable height then letting his wings glide him toward the Wentworth. Without the owl, she was able to use both arms for her intentions.

“Pardon me my lady,” was the Nomad’s only offer of warning, before she slipped an arm under the smaller woman’s knees and lifted her up with her other arm supporting the lady’s back. X’yrin looked into her leader’s eyes wearing a soft scowl of disapproval on her muzzle and spoke words that mirror that gentle scolding. “Lady Nayru, you shouldn’t be out… like this,” she motioned with her muzzle to the woman’s belly. “At least wait until after the snowfall. Please my Lady, tell me the direction of your home so that I may take you there.” she asked, unaware of her leader’s homeless status.

ooc: 522 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread