Anything for a Smile
[html]

+ 467 !

X'yrin did not react to Nayru's confession of hunger—she had no time to, for snaking his way towards the pair of women was Saluce Trembley. For a moment the hulking silhouette lingered halfway emerged into the den, glancing from one female warrior to the next. When the brute landed eyes on Nayru all the details of her form became apparent and the whirlwind of energy that was suddenly in the room seemed to make X'yrin draw back against the wall. Nayru did not draw back but remained sitting against the wall, alert and now fully erect, the weariness run from her body in face of the questions raining upon her. The Lady turned her piebald face questioningly to the man. She could not comprehend the source of his anger, but she clasped her hands together and gave him the customary greeting before acknowledging his inquiries.

"The Samhain fires gave me this blessing." Nayru's voice was flat. How rarely did she admit to the pregnancy out loud, perhaps she had never done so directly before, save once. The others knew, the others spoke of it, but Nayru spoke around it. When Jace or Shiloh or anyone mentioned it, Nayru let the remark pass and continued on with the conversation. Yet that was not to say the pups would be wholly unwelcomed, they just seemed unreal. Nayru knew that young life was truly a great joy in the clan, but that it should come from her seemed impossible, seemed unnatural to the tiny creature, who in a few ways retained a very childlike naivety.

The man who had sired the pups would have, if he found his Lady Liberty wandering like a fool in the snow, taken in the Jiryu. He would have provided anything she pleased, and yet Nayru asked for nothing of him. He, like the others, had little idea of how willfully Nayru had been continuing on as if life didn't dwell inside her womb. It was only a while ago X'yrin had truly seen the self destructive stubborn side to Nayru, refusing to let her petite body rest as forming bodies within her drain its energy.

"These are my own. I care for myself." Nayru's eyes moved to the lady on Saluce's other side. "X'ryin has allowed me leave to make use of her den, if I wish." Nayru threw an ear back, thinking of all the places that would have been ideal for a litter of puppies, landing back to the Victorian home of her own childhood. Here seemed a thousand miles from that idea, but here she was, and cherry eyes now moved away from X'yrin to Saluce, calm but hard, waiting for the piss and vinegar to drain from his tones, but knowing that it might take more to placate the man.

<style>
.nayru-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.nayru-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nayru-z91 b {color:#B53700; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.nayru-z91 {background-color:#D1963C; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... rugift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:249px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E2931B; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#593B0C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.nayru-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread