Unanswered Prayers
[html]

He explained the creature's relation to him. Caspa looked from one to the other, faintly surprised. The cat was a fine physical specimen, and this man seemed stiff enough to be in pain, and his eyes did not register the white dog's face. The cat was calling them, but he seemed unable to move. Caspa watched the cougar leap among the stones with agile strength, and wondered if she should be afraid. This man must be able to speak with the creature, and there was something unearthly about this alliance. It reminded her of the wolves who rode horses. There was nothing truly wrong with it, but she mistrusted the idea of having such a large and dangerous animal hold your life in its hands. She could not speak with the other species herself.

His question was terribly general, and she wondered how long he had been wandering blind. "In the central part of the city," she answered. "Your friend is trying to get us to go into a large stone hall. It does not look entirely safe to me but I suppose it has lasted this long." She peered into his eyes in a way she would not with someone fully-sighted. The huge pupils and strangeness of them made her wonder if he had been poisoned. "How long have you had difficulty with vision?"

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread