Unanswered Prayers
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 282

Swentzle tilted his head slightly, a small frown pulling at his maw. A city? He'd heard of such things, of course--the remnants of the humans that had once ruled the earth. But he'd never felt the desire to investigate them, even if there had been one not far from where he was. What was Fovea doing, bringing him here? He shifted, his eyes flicking back and forth for a moment before he settled them once more into a blank gaze into the darkness. He wished he could speak to his companion...

"Thank you for informing me." He said, and then hesitated. A stone hall...Fovea had never been fascinated with buildings before, but he couldn't help but wonder what it was that had drawn her to this one. "I would not be comfortable within an unstable building...but Fovea has shown no interest in ruins before. I cannot help but wonder what it is that she's trying to show me." He reached up to rub a hand along the back of his neck, lowering his head but keeping his eyes wide and open. He didn't want to miss even a flicker of something he might see.

"How long have you had difficulty with vision?" He blinked, and raised his head again, his ears lowering. "Ah. That is...somewhat painful to answer." He said, and shook his head. "I was caught in a fire, attempting to save my daughter, and the smoke never quite left my eyes." He sighed, lowering his hands to fold them over his chest again. "I was partially blinded, but it is the worst at night. I cannot see my hand in front of my face." He added.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread