Unanswered Prayers
[html]

Caspa supposed she would regret it if she did not assist the short-sighted stranger in deciphering what his unusual travelling companion was trying to convey. It seemed he didn't talk the cat's language either, or it would have been easy to figure out. This mystified her even more. How had he built the bond of co-operation without even the gift of language? She would never understand these ties that other canines and creatures seemed to be able to build between one another. It was a commitment too far away from freedom to be tasteful to the aloof and independent Baroness.

She supposed she could start by providing the only thing he was missing - visual information. "Fovea is sitting on a tall flat stone," she relayed. "There are many colours in the windows but it is quite dark inside. I will have to go in if I'm to see any more." Those were the only two bits of information that leaped out to grab her attention. Apparently, though, sight was not the only thing he was missing. From his short-told story and his sadness, she had a horrible feeling that his daughter had not survived the incident. She hoped she was wrong. He should not have to deal with his disability alone, though - where was the rest of his pack? Was the cougar meant to be a replacement for a lost family? If so he was more unfortunate even than he appeared. "Have you been alone for long?" she asked gently.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread