Unanswered Prayers
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 385

Swentzle was grateful for the information she gave him, and frowned slightly at the description of the colored glass in the windows. Antiman had once told him of such a place; he'd called it a church. It had been the home of the human's spiritual leaders, according to the old texts they'd found together...why on earth would Fovea bring him here? "I have some idea of where we are," He said after a moment, reaching up to rub his throat thoughtfully, "But still cannot discern my companions' reasons for this journey." Fovea yowled impatiently from her rock, and then leaped up and disappeared around the building, presumably finding a way inside, as a moment later her purring echoed eerily from within. His hand traveled up to his hair, and he ran his hand through it uneasily before he sighed. "I'm afraid I will not be able to get inside, with or without help. And I would not ask such a thing of you, if it truly looks unsafe. Whatever Fovea wishes to share will have to be brought out here." And the last he said in a much louder voice, to be heard within the building.

The gentle question caught him off guard, but he shook his head all the same, a frown pulling at his maw and his brows pushing together uncomfortably. "No, not long...three months, give or take a few weeks. After the incident I could not bear the shame I brought my family and my tribe, so I left." He paused, and ran his fingers through his hair again, sighing heavily. "I begin to regret my decision...but what is done is done. Shevon did not deserve a father who could not protect her, anyway." Kiara had pointed out the benefits of being only partially blinded, and he had to admit, now, that he'd been narrow-minded in his grief; he could have stayed where he was and learned to be of more use than a burden; but instead he'd fled from the shame, and from the pain he'd not been able to save Shevon from. If Anzhela could see him now, he had no doubt she'd slap some sense into him; but he had only himself to rely on, now.

Himself...and Fovea, whom still had yet to return.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread