Unanswered Prayers
3+ [html]

Tis good! Mine's a little peculiar as ever, but I'm sure you're used to that.

It was mesmerising, the way the blind doctor worked. His hands moved over flesh in the same way as eyes would have. She was barely affected by the groaning, knowing pain to be inevitable in this existence. She had never felt the pain of a broken bone, but she had suffered in her own way. She would emit no emotional pleas or reassurances, merely sat calmly and waited for instruction or inspiration as to what best assistance to provide. When the order was given, she was surprised at how simple her task was; but then of course it all depended on how much the man would flail when the agony struck. It was good, at least, that there was enough life left in him to endure.

Her hands stole forwards gentle as if stroking a kitten, then spindle-thin fingers found a grip either side of the trembling collarbone and bore down with unflinching strength, a hole maintained even as the man lurched and quivered in tortured throes. She had never been called upon to touch someone like this, to hold them. It felt strange, and not entirely savoury. She could feel muscle, bone and fur shifting and playing under her taut fingers. But she held without hesitation until the splint was fastened and she felt the male go limp and pliant once more. It was clearly safe to release him. She found she was breathing fast and hoarsely, perhaps from concern, and stilled herself with a sigh to match Swentzle's. "You have saved him..." she murmured. "He is breathing yet, so he is bound to live. I am not a healer, but I could perhaps offer him shelter in my pack..." Her mind turned to the Court. Their healer was long gone, and Liam still so young: so much responsibility at his age, especially during the recent war. Perhaps, although it was not her authority to say so, Swentzle could come back with her to tend to the man. Unless he had somewhere safer than here to go, as well.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread