i'll become the sky & i'll become the sea
[html]

Word Count :: 400+

The seaside is where Liliya spent most of her time so it was no surprise that she stalked through Zopilote, with its abundance of shoreline. The Russo woman walked with a purpose today, though, and a destination. For the first time in numerous weeks she wasn’t on her way to salvage materials from Salsoa, nor was she out looking for help on her projects. Today her hard work had finally paid off and it was time for her leaders to know.

Her supplies were nowhere to be seen, having been deposited back into the pack’s stores days ago save for those that she would need to use frequently - like the rope that had been used to tow lumber which she now planned to use to make a second fishing net. She donned her usual meager outfit which was quickly becoming insufficient against the cooling days, and today she carried a bag different than the pack she had arrived in Salsoa with.

She held the package with both hands close to her body as she walked, as though unwilling to risk anyone leaping out and snatching it from her. To Liliya it held more than just an item and was valuable beyond measure. It was the first bounty after all that construction, the pay off for her hard work, and she would have no one look inside until her alpha’s did.

She had been heading for the Dark Lady’s house, knowing that she was the first to discover the island’s treasures and that she would know what the contents of the bag meant. She couldn’t help the small smirk on her face, as excited as she was.

It was to her surprise when she saw a dark shadow moving near the path that she paced. Her gray eyes widened for a moment and her fingers tightened around the burlap as her innermost fear surfaced… Someone was here to take her bounty! Yet the image had been dark, and the stance proud, and when she caught sight of the shadow again she saw it wasn’t just some random overconfident Luperci.

“Madam Eris!” She yipped in a very coyote like fashion, her ears dipping back and her tail whipping the air furiously. “I vhas just lookingk for you!” She waved a hand before subconsciously clinging to the bag again as she hurried toward her alpha. “Are you havingk spare minute one?” she paused, shook her head, and tried that one again, talking slower this time. “Do you have minute? Is good news I bring to you!” She held up the bag as if Eris could divine what was inside, but did not hand it over yet.

Image courtesy of 24730945@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-d04 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/btR5k.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#B3783D; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#2F1F0E; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFF3CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-d04 b {color:#FFF3CC; }
.liliya-d04 .post b:before { content: open-quote; }
.liliya-d04 .post b:after { content: close-quote; }
.liliya-d04 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-d04 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread