I had this dream once
[html]
Wayne McCoy
Word Count: 322

Wayne grinned at the proud stallion. When he was younger, the various personalities of horses had never ceased to amaze him—though he knew now their uniqueness wasn’t much unlike what made two canines different. Still, the horses with flamboyant personalities always charmed him the most, even if he loved the laidback and gentle Fern. They certainly grabbed one’s attention, as Hawthorn hoped to do—though the dark Shire horse didn’t seem like an overly prideful creature, not one prone to bully others for his place. He’d seen such dominance in other animals before, ones who’d forced themselves to the top of the herd, but looking into Hawthorn’s dark eyes, the man could see he was a kind soul.

He nodded as Alder explained his ties with the Luna. Thinking of his leaders coming from other packs was odd for the cowboy, too, especially because much of the pack was made up of former loners. He knew that both packs had been involved in the conflict that had prompted the warrior pack’s inception, though. It must have been hard to leave.

“I’ll admit I don’t talk to Jazper or Anann enough to hear about where they came from,” Wayne murmured. “Though I don’t talk to anyone much.” It didn’t mean that he didn’t do his job or check in with them, for the southern male was hardworking, but idle chitchat had always seemed forced and awkward at first unless it was with Dixie. At least he had enough things in common with this young masked male that he didn’t feel that distant.

Alder asked about clearing the pack grounds, and Wayne nodded with a small smile. “We made some progress—though much of our energy has gone into huntin’ these past coupla weeks. Might have to halt workin’ until the snow passes, though.” The last thing he wanted was a snowstorm destroying the stables and other buildings that would eventually put up.

template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.WaynecowOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/3n7rz.png') #ca9437 no-repeat top center; width:500px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;}
.WaynecowTitle {text-align:right; font-size:50px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#801d01; font-family: 'Patrick Hand';}
.WaynecowSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:georgia;}
.WaynecowInput {padding:10px; margin:10px; border:4px double #000; background:#e0c999; color:#090400; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.WaynecowInput b {color:#801d01; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.WaynecowRevoCredit {text-align:center; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 0px 1px 1px #000; color:#801d01; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread