I had this dream once
[html]

Alder had not wished to see Anann go. He had known the female since his birth, she was proud friends with his mother and an ally to Crimson Dreams. Her horse companion Rem was Alder's first true friend, and their feels were mutual. The black stallion had played with him as a pup, always eager to deal with Alder's young energy.

But, he knew what it was like to leave a pack. He knew the pain and the way it tore at the heart. Yet he knew the need to change. Alder had been even more frightful and quiet then he was now, hardly looking even his brothers in the eye when he answered them. His mother had seen that there was more to him, looking past the black streaks that crossed his eyes and knew she needed to push him from the nest. If he was ever going to fly. Living with his eldest brother in the Court had changed him. He knew that Anann would reach her full potential in the Cavalieri, even if he missed her dearly.

The male knew his meaning, not being one to delve into a high ranking wolf's life on a regular basis. His King was an obviously important creature, his history would be a story that Alder would no doubt sit and listen to happily. But he was a busy male, and had better things to do then answer questions that Alder may have about his past. The wolf nodded once, Neither do I he admitted.

But it was easy to talk about their work, and about their horses. Most of the time they were one in the same. After last year, it's for the best. Last winter's wrath was had taught the young wolf to be patient and not to push the limits. There was a silence, though Alder normally felt comfortable in the quiet and so he only brought forth the words when they became almost urgent. I'm looking to bring large stock into our stables, work horses that the average wolf can ride. Need big bones to carry taller men. The common grazing horses are stocky, but too small to do what we will ask of them. If you know of any good blood...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread