chills and hills
[html]
Skoll Haskel
i need another story
something to get off my chest

my life is kinda boring
need something that i can confess

Fortunately, Skoll Haskel did not have intimate knowledge of death. He knew that one was supposed to kill bad guys and that it made them go away and never, ever come back ever again; some of the more aggressive talk around Cour des Miracles had been about things like that. However, he hadn’t seen anyone die or known anyone who had been killed, and in his small mind, only bad guys ever died. Heroes were invincible, after all.

He shot the golden-ticked male a look when he said that he’d been faking, but then he went ahead and described the actual murder—in detail. Green eyes grew gigantic as the young cub stared at him, imagining the multiple stabbings that led to the human dying. Had he not been covered in blonde fur, he might have gone white as a sheet at the imagery.

“Oh,” Skoll managed in a tiny voice after all that, “okay.”

He managed to shake off his somewhat freaked out expression and brightened when he heard the other introduce himself at last as Frodo Silvertongue. He was about to peer into the flapping mouth when the young man assured him that his tongue was actually not silver, and Skoll huffed. “Well, that name silly then,” he said. It was like giving Skoll the name “Bluenose” when his nose wasn’t blue, or something like that. Of course, his mind worked in literal terms more often than not.

Frodo went on to explain he was a traveler, and when he mentioned his journey and all the groups he’d come in contact with, Skoll beamed with admiration. His awed silence did not last long, however, as he jumped to make a comment on just about everything the man said.

“What’s a gypsy? Did you fight the pirates? Were they scary? Have treasure? Is tribe AniWaya? They bad guys, but nice Lady Lohi came make friends, an’ Hati’n’me gotta be good princes ’cause she guest, and war over anyway, and I not a squire! I only little, but I be squire someday. Noss a squire. He Strel mate. After squire’s sarrrrge an’ then—um—but the top is the con stables, an’ top top top is King, my daddy. What your pack rank, Frodo?”

After his rambling mess, he blinked owlishly at the young man who’d proved to have all the answers so far.

Word Count: 394 | my apologies for puppy-ramble, haha
template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.SecskollOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/3N4NM.png') #c88c5b no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;}
.SecskollTitle {text-align:right; font-size:32px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#d1581c; font-family: 'Delius Unicase';}
.SecskollSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:verdana;}
.SecskollInput {padding:10px; margin:5px; border:1px double #000; background:#e4d3aa; color:#5d513c; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.SecskollInput b {color:#d1581c; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.SecskollSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.SecskollRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#d1581c; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread