Slime and Snails, or puppy dog tails
[html]

Word Count :: 362 bad post this time D:

The girl mentioned her own father, and Skoll tilted his head skeptically. Only his father was kingly material in his mind, and it was weird to have someone else’s father compared to that. Vigilante was flawless in his eyes, though admittedly he hadn’t spent enough time around him to know all that for sure. However, this outsider didn’t know his daddy, and so he decided with a soft sigh that he might as well hear her out.

His green eyes widened when she “rawred” at him and insinuated that a leader was scary. “Not my daddy!” Skoll burst out. “My leader nice an’ big an’ strong an’ good an’ not scary.” He shook his head and narrowed his eyes slightly, though his posture remained lazy. “Maybe some leader scary, but they bad guys.” Like the leader in AniWaya that had caused trouble.

The girl’s giggling and realization that she was in Hughes pack made him grin. He hadn’t heard of that pack, but there were plenty in Nova Scotia. Brightened by her change in attitude, even if she remained submissive, he rose slowly and wagged his tail encouragingly.

The girl shook her head at his question, explaining that her mother had made her previously introduced toy. Her story about her father being chased off by her other brother because he always got man, and Skoll squinted. Maybe that father had been like the bad leader in AniWaya? Kings chased out bad leaders and made the world safe for their packs and families. Pleased with the conclusion he’d made, he nodded to show he accepted her story. “That good, no more bad faffer. A good un like my daddy not get mad.”

Her question about her brother Leon being a king made Skoll frown again, but her explanation made sense. “Sounds like a king to me,” the boy said, nodding and padding up closer to her. “King of Hughes, not Cour des Miracles,” he added somberly before lightening up. He dipped quickly into a play-bow, wiggling his tail and abandoning most of the serious haughtiness. He let himself be equal to this girl, laughing and yipping at her to invite her to play.

Image courtesy of Christos Tsoumplekas@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.charskoll { background-image:url(http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7049 ... lmanip.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#7DC523; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding: 410px 0px 10px 0px; color:#A1561D; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.charskoll b {color:#FFFFFF;font-family:arial; }
.charskoll t {color:#6C7230;}
.charskoll p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.charskoll p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.charskoll .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:450px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread