home for the holidays.
[html]
but our hearts will need us to be steady and strong

so we can stand and face the fire

burning higher and higher

Word Count → 410 :: Yes they aaaaareeee... with the exception of Wayne wussing out ;_; I'll revoke his man card.

Wayne wanted to go bash his head into a wall right now; why had he ever even considered he’d get anything out of being bitter toward the girl he cared so damn much about? Did he think he would magically feel better? How did he think Dixie-May would feel? He hadn’t felt this guilty before in his life, and it weighed darkly on his shoulders as he stooped to try to comfort her, to ease her sobbing and to convey even an ounce of how sorry he was. He made low comforting noises in his chest between the hastily murmured apologies, stroking her pretty fur as she leaned against him.

But then she lunged, and in spite of her small stature, it was enough to throw him off balance. One arm threw back to brace himself against the ground as she clung fiercely to him, and the Labrador mix let out a soft sigh as her cold nose pressed against his neck. His free arm quickly encircled her, keeping her tight against him though with enough gentleness that she could wiggle her way out of his grasp if she was smart and wanted to get the hell away from him. But he didn’t want her to. This physical closeness was something he’d been starving for since even before she had gone off on her journey, the comfort of touch between them. It didn’t even matter how strong his feelings were for her; as even a best friend, he’d been aching to feel her small body pressed to him.

She whined out another apology, and he squeezed her lightly. “Hush… I’m the one who should be sorry,” the cowboy murmured in her ear, not wanting her to think that this whole mess was her fault.

Then he could feel a kiss on his cheek, and a somewhat dopey smile spread across his face. He turned his head so his muzzle could press lightly against hers, closing his eyes. “I missed you too, Dixie…which is why I was actin’ like a fool.” The arm around her small body loosened, his hand rising to push her hair lightly from her face and cup her cheek.

Looking upon her precious face, Wayne wanted nothing more than to kiss her properly—but an unexpected bundle of nerves alongside the usual Dixie-associated nerves clenched in his stomach. His ears lowered, and he only nuzzled her again—though perhaps the gesture was even more tender than ever before.

Wayne McCoy

<style type="text/css">
.silhowayne b {font-weight:bold; color:#740d02; letter-spacing:1px;}
.silhowayne t {font-style:italic; color:#740d02; letter-spacing:1px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.silhowayne .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#740d02;}
.silhowayne .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; margin:0px 50px 120px 0px;}
.silhowayne .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 5px;}
.silhowayne p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.silhowayne .text {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a1604; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#de8a16 0px 0px 3px; padding:5px 0px 80px 0px; }
.silhowayne {width:100%; margin:0px auto; max-width:730px; background-color:#de8a16; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PUdGI.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread