small wonders
[html]

(213)

There was a wall between him and all others, and Anatole could not fathom being “friendly” to anyone, especially a stranger. He was wary of the other packs, with the knowledge given to him from those who had been through the war. Who knew what the others might have thought of them? Who knew if the coyotes would come looking for weakness? Without true warriors they only had hunters and while similar, there was no way they would be able to defend themselves from true combatants.

Though her answers did not satisfy him, he made an attempt to show nothing. As long as he could get through this he could find something out for the Tribe. “You said it yourself, knowledge is worth having. We can trade knowledge for knowledge; tell me about your home and I will tell you about mine.” And then he was silent, green eyes attentive on her shape. If she truly had come without a veiled goal, then she would be the one to set the bar for their conversation. Without a doubt, he imagined she would not tell him everything—no scout would do such a thing—but perhaps some idea of her clan’s culture would give him a basis as to what she herself was after.

<style>
#anatole-sun {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#anatole-sun p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#anatole-sun p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#anatole-sun .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#anatole-sun .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#anatole-sun b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#anatole-sun u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#anatole-sun b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread