M - we were drawn from the weeds
[html]

Word Count :: 446 OOC

He chuckled at her joke about the fire, and watched amusedly at her second attempt at drinking the alcohol; she did much better this time. Helotes watched as she played with the fire, gauging her movements, her facial expressions; she still seemed to be putting up a protective front, but that would soon come away. She came back with a sharp retort to his compliment, but she softened quickly and gave him a compliment of her own. He smiled genuinely this time, his tail thumping against the back of the log. It was good to hear that the time he had taken to learning horsemanship was showing and that she could see his skill with the equine. He knew not of her dislike of the creatures but the fact that she believed that what he had done was something she could not have brought him pride, Thanks, I’ve been training hard with the mare.

She then mentioned the poor wolf that the two of them had run off and Helotes noticed the slight slur at the end of her words. He grinned, and then laughed for no apparent reason. Apparently the vodka was beginning to have its wonderful effects on him too, for it took him longer than usual to reign in his laughter, Did you see the look on his face? Helotes put up his hands and put on an over dramatic look of pure terror on his features, No! Please don’t kill me coyotes! WHHAAA!!! Helotes belted out another loud laugh before snatching away the bottle from Vesper, as she had yet to give it back to him. He took another swig, Ah… we make a fucking good team you and I… He looked back at her now, his vision swimming slightly, Uh… you’re a pretty cool chick, I’m glad you joined Inferni. He smiled again and then belched slightly, Fuck, ‘scuze me. He wiped his chin of spittle and scooted closer to her, handing the bottle back.

He spaced off then, looking into the fire which burned as hot at his veins now. A piece of wood popped, spewing out an eruption of tiny sparks that flew into the air and then disappeared. Helotes gawked at them like they were tiny fairies, flying in the air around him. Oh yes… he was drunk already. His brothers had always gotten on his case about being a lightweight, but it was something that could not be helped it seemed. As much as he bulked up, he would succumb to alcohol as quickly as Jacinto would. Columbine and Ilusion, now they were the hard drinkers with stomachs and livers of steel. He missed Ilusion so much…

Image courtesy of Brujo+; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_HL1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_HL1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_HL1 b {font-family:verdana; color:# 758e78; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_HL1 {background-color:#2f2c2c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#999; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #141313; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4239 ... slykoi.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:389px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #141313; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_HL1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
.K22911_HL1 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.K22911_HL1 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread