M - we were drawn from the weeds
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

SSWM Word Count → 539

A lightweight in even the most literal terms, Vesper could already feel that something fuzzy was encroaching on her mind and making her movements sloppy. When she raised a hand to scratch at her cropped mane, it took a second for her brain to transmit the message to her nerves. She pulled her hand away and glanced at the pale claws at the tips of her fingers, marveling at them for a moment—though it was sincere contemplation rather than drunken staring. It went without saying that so much had changed for her in the past months, and she wondered how much was to change in the near future. She wondered if she was strong enough to handle that, not knowing what was about to come.

The blast of laughter from her dusky male companion made her jump, and she stared at him before snorting a chuckle at his expression of terror. The melodrama continued with another loud cry, and she had to bury her face in her hands to regain her composure.

“You do that too well,” she mocked him, though her taunt could hardly be taken seriously with her words slurring out.

When the bottle was yanked from her hand, she stared blankly at the empty air then clutched it in a fist. Her blue eyes flicked to Helotes again, and another smirk crept across her lips. Yes, they made a good team, though they hadn’t really worked together until the earlier battle. Perhaps they would have to change that; she was sure they could teach each other some things in combat. She mulled over this, blinked as spittle landed on her face from his belch, and wiped it off with a look of disgust before downing another gulp of vodka.

“Men are disgusting,” Vesper informed him. She paused, beat on her scarred pale chest with a fist, and let out a belch of her own. “I’m glad I joined too. Other packs are full of morons who either wail when they see us or act like they’re fuckin’ superior to everyone else. Or both.” She drew her knees up and draped her arms on top of them, tilting her head against them, looking as if she were about to doze off though she was really just being mellow. “I don’t care if your mother was a coyote or a wolf or a horse, personally. I don’t agree with that, but I agree with the clan’s sentiment of ‘leave us alone.’ Easier that way.” She closed her eyes. “Wolf girls are too goddamn fickle.”

With that rambling mess over with, she opened her eyes again to see that Helotes was staring at the floating embers like a puppy would stare at a butterfly. She burst out laughing.

“You look like a fuckin’ moron,” Vesper mocked, reaching over to punch his shoulder. “You’re gonna walk willingly into the fire before you fall into it. Unless you’re seeing something I should be seeing.” She peered into the crackling flames just in case then yawned, coughing at the smoke she inhaled in the process. “Hmm…is praising my kickassness all you wanted to say, man? ’s’long as you don’t want to set me up with one of your brothers or something.”

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread