In a world of pure imagination
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:
Considering the both of them would probably need the few hours of sleep, would you like it if they went to sleep and maybe we could continue in the next replies with what would be the next morning, or would you rather we just finished the thread instead? I leave the choice entirely with you seeing as either way I wouldn't mind it. If you think there's nothing more to be role-played right now that's okay. I enjoy RP-ing with you, however, and I'd probably miss seeing the two around. But it's your decision =)

IC:

"At least from where I come from, I mean, my former pack, it was quite rare for any a wolf to assume any type of responsibility unless it was urgently needed. That's to say we never had any solid plans in case anything happened. My mother and father, the Alphas of the pack, mostly considered that by taking care of the eventualities, they're calling the problems to them. They were more of a 'go with the flow' type of wolves. It channeled to the other members as well, you can imagine." She paused a bit, trying to keep the disappointment out of her voice as best she could. "But, from the little I've seen so far, and from what you've told me, Shadowed Sun is a whole different thing. It's much more consistent. I mean... I don't know much about it, but for it to have Medicine Men... it was uncommon, back in some regions of Europe."

His answer startled her. He didn't have a mate? But...his pup... What had happened? Sure, wolves didn't mate for life. But she couldn't imagine why someone would want to leave Pilot. He seemed so nice, he was so welcoming and forthcoming... Granted, she didn't know him. Not like his mate would have, at any rate. Maybe he had left her? That idea in itself seemed unlikely. Leave her willingly yet take the puppy? Or maybe... Her own memories flooded her yet again, pushing against her weak and tired defenses. Maybe something had happened to her. She wondered, idly, whether Pilot had been there, had had to witness something so terrible. It didn't matter what had happened to take her away. If it had been unrelated to them, it would have been unexpected, unwanted, and no matter how swift, still terrible for Pilot, who'd have to continue alone. She felt a great deal of compassion towards him, even unsure as she was whether this separation had been done willingly or not.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, her ears flat against her head and her tail between her legs. If her posture didn't betray her, then her look would surely do it. They'd make it clear, without the use of words, that, maybe in a different way, surely in a different way, she knew at least a small bit of what he was feeling. And even if it was of no immediate help, this knowledge, she had learned for herself that you needed, sometimes, people that knew something similar to what you were feeling, even if they didn't exactly know what you were talking about, didn't know everything there was to know, every detail. Urma moved forward a bit, slowly, her knees almost giving in to the comfort of the furs under her paws, and sat down gratefully, a little way away from Pilot and his son. She edged closer to the walls of the den, her back against the cool earth, the damp chill easing the warmth in her bones. She rested her head on her front paws, ears pricked a bit, her eyes half-closed with fatigue. She met Pilot's gaze for a moment, and muttered a grateful 'thank you' before shifting positions a bit so that she could rest as much of her body as she could on the furs, and closing her eyes.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread