Path of the Scarred
[html]
Kiara Amarok

Word Count → 563 :: Throws post order out the window. Go nuts kiddies!

Before Kiara knew it, her world had turned loud. All of the sudden there seemed to be a rush of voices and from somewhere up above the cry of an owl. Why was there an owl there? Kiara's mom had often said that birds were the messengers of the gods and should be respected. Especially because they would bring dead souls up to the aurora. Such things always sounded silly to her before, but now the snow wolf wondered if her mother was right. Perhaps a bird had come to take Kiara away. The thought kind of made her angry. Despite what her mother said, Kiara never held any of the avian species in high regard and would often chase them mercilessly. For a bird to take her soul away, that just sounded wrong. Kiara wasn't going to die, if only to spite the bird.

By this time the injured wolf was getting used to the pain, if only a little. Once again, the debilitating waves racked her body as Neela picked her delicate form out of the snow. The smooth surface of the sleigh was worse than the snow. At least the snow bent and conformed to her body, but now she had to conform to the wood. Kiara moaned in pain and discomfort. Looking up Kiara saw her grey friend. The knowledge that Shiloh was near by, even if she was an illusion, made her content. Neela was there as well. Kiara had only met the collie once, but it was still comforting to know the older female was with them. Next to her was Sarian, babbling in their personal language. Softly, so as not to aggravate the wound on her throat, she replied. The simple syllables in many ways were easier to say than the more complex sounds necessary to speak properly. The simple discussion between puppy and Ikusei kept Kiara awake and almost alert.

Vesper's nose prodded the uninjured side of Kiara's face. Sapphire eyes slowly rolled over to look at the worried coywolf. It took a minute for Kiara to understand what Vesper was asking. Was Kiara infected with the virus? Once again, panic consumed the woman. What could turn a normal wolf into a luperci? Amy had bit her, and Kiara had bitten Amy. Was that enough? Would that cause her to change, to shift? "I...I don't... I don't know. We... we bit...both bit...and blood..." It took a lot of concentration for Kiara to speak. Most of her words came out in a panicked whine, followed closely by shots of pain. What Kiara had meant to say was that she didn't know if Amy had infected her. They had bitten each other and there was a lot of blood on Kiara's part. But she didn't know if her bite had caused Amy to bleed.

The snow wolf began to twitch and shake; mostly out of fear. What was going to happen to her? Even if she lived, she might have been forced to become a luperci. She didn't want that. As much as Kiara admired and envied the luperci, their ways were as strange as their forms. "I...I want...to stay normal...Vesper...help!" Kiara looked to her friend, her dear friend who had saved her from Amy. Vesper had once been normal as well, and unlike all the luperci around her, only Vesper knew how scared she truly was.

<style type="text/css">
.yaykiara .space {width:250px; height:230px; float:left;}
.yaykiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px;}
.yaykiara p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.yaykiara p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.yaykiara .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF;}
.yaykiara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yaykiara {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:#a7c2d7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/adsfC.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6984c6; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6984c6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.yaykiara .name {color:#FFFFFF; font-size:50px; font-family: 'Delius Unicase'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#6984c6 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread