sovereign state
[html]

Word Count :: 303

She was pleasantly surprised to hear that he was more experienced on four legs; Vesper was generally skeptical about the overly-domesticated luperci around here. Even X’yrin, despite being an adept fighter and comfortable in any shape, seemed the most graceful when her long legs were sweeping out and her claws slashing at her opponent. It gave her more faith in Inferni and in this man that she was comrades with those slightly more similar to her, even though he could be different on several other levels. Fighting was one way to communicate, however, and while they might disagree over words, the dance of tooth and claw went far beyond that.

He asked if she had experience, and the small coywolf snorted. “I only have this many scars because I’ve survived.” It was her philosophy, anyway, even if she sounded like a bratty teenager as she stated it. To be dead and scarred was a failure; to carry the trophies of battles survived was something worth being proud over. She could brag her skills at survival if nothing else.

She noticed his dark form beginning to change and did the same. It was slightly faster than shifting up, but she did not transform as fast as the experienced luperci. Changing still felt strange, less uncomfortable than before, but it was awkward and seemed unnatural. However, she breathed a sigh of relief as she stood on all fours in her streamlined lupus form once again.

“Whichever you’d like,” she said in answer to his question, taking a few steps back and grinning. It would give her an interesting experience to fight against a powerful secui form in her small one, but even in lupus he was larger than her. She rose up on her toes and flattened her ears. “Come at me whenever you want.”

the Mentors!

<style>
.Vesptab001 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Vesptab001 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman; color:#b69a00; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#bb6500; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #351b0d; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:333px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread