I'm so sane it's driving me crazy
[html]

Hi! I had to join! <3

The great wolves in the sky would be trading shifts now. The moon spirit had been working hard chasing the lunar orb across the heavens while its solar twin rested and only herded the sun for a few hours. It was now the longest night of the year, and the mythological beast for which Skoll was named was resting, preparing for the long daylight chases to come as winter passed.

The blonde puppy was still young, and it was rare that he would stay up this late at night, especially in this cold weather. He was a creature of sunlight, of birdsong and basking, and so he felt so out of place during the cold months after he’d been born. He was excited for the coming spring, however, the first spring and summer he would ever see. Maybe the flowers would come out and the fairies would show up and he wouldn’t have to make up stories anymore.

The prince bounded through the snow, its glittering whiteness dulled by the shadows falling across it. The tips of his fur was dusted with frost, and his pads were pretty cold, but he continued to run quietly through Cour des Miracles territory to investigate what changes came with the night. When someone told him that it was the longest one of the year, he of course assumed that there would be spirits or spooks hanging about. Wasn’t nighttime their favorite time? He tried to remember all the different tales everyone told him, but slowly the stories were muddled up together, and what he chose to remember would shape his beliefs.

A somewhat familiar scent tickled his nostrils, and Skoll yapped loudly in greeting as he sprang toward the hotel. He knew Robin more as his big brother’s friend than as an individual of her own, but that didn’t mean he didn’t like her still. His ears perked as he bounded through the snow toward her short brownish figure, tail flailing behind him.

“Robin! Whatcha doin’ out heeere?”

Word Count → 335

<style type="text/css">
.puppyskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff7d4; text-shadow:#775700 0px 0px 1px;}
.puppyskoll p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.puppyskoll {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfa66a; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/fm3t36.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7030; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.puppyskoll .wordcount {color:#775700; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #775700; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:15px 15px 15px 15px; text-align:center;}
.puppyskoll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#775700;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread