at night.
[html]
Works perfectly fine by me ^_^ Would this still be after the SteelRose fight, then?

I guess I'll bleed in silence

Recover? What was there to recover? For one small moment of complete cruelty he felt like laughing at her, like showing her that she was wrong. But that was merely the ghost of the other, the one who did not come out unless there was bloodshed but who laughed at his heroic deeds. In a way, he could tell he was troubled. After all, he admired Tayui, her grace, poise and complete self-control. So why this instinct, to harm her? He could be nasty to her, yes, face being thrown out of the pack, yes, hurt her, yes, but would the gain be long-term? No. As quick as that, his features softened and he replied calmly, 'I am trapped in my own den. I do not move for fear of pain. I feel like an old man, lady Tayui, and that is not a feeling I cherish.'

He could feel his legs shaking. What a wreck he had become. No longer the glorious wolf who had crossed the Great Frozen Plains or the brave saviour of Ember Phoenix. No more the collected savant, the wise teacher. No. He had been reduced to a carcass, a walking corpse, a zombie. A condign fate, truly, for one with the heart of a fly. Lubomir lowered himself against the tree, wincing as shards of pain twisted his very bones. It came in flashes, white hot pain and then a time of calm and rest, only to feel the ache once more. He wondered if death would not be a better option.

'War is brewing, my lady. Inferni and Dahlia de Mai are at war. I do not know what we should do. I have friends in Dahlia and enemies in Inferni. I even tried speaking to Asphyxia Holocaust, but she would not speak back. Lady Tayui, I look to your council as my only hope. Tell me what I should do.' He was begging her. His voice would not betray it, but his eyes did. He was looking straight at her, yellow orbs pleading with her, trying to make her understand what he was saying. Trying to get her to speak well to him. In a time of great need for him, he had turned to his leader. It was possibly the biggest single selfless act he had done since Frigg's death.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread