Good Tidings and Cheer
[html]
so late. Sad i've missed you all. / +3

Dixie was late to the party; she knew it…but there had to be last minute decorations and arrangements made on the wagon. A few parts, like the seat and some of the siding, had needed repair, which had taken her and Wayne days to do and get ready. New planks of wood had been fitted and installed on bottom and sides, making it more sturdy and ready for heavier work. Now it was time to take the present to the leaders and hope that it would be accepted.

Strands of leather and colorful cloth strips were draped all over Fern, along with tiny bell like metal pieces to make tinkling noises. A few pine boughs were tied to the sides of the wagon to make it smell good, along with the fresh wood scent. Once they’d gotten the large mare set up and strapped to the wagon, Dixie climbed up onto her back, waiting until Wayne was in place before digging her heels in gently. Fern bobbed her head and began walking, then pushed herself into a trot.

The bells and assorted noise makers stranded to the wagon and horse jingled and made soft sounds as they moved over the lightly snow covered ground. Dixie had pulled on a dark cloak, her small body was still adjusting to being so cold all the time. Leaning down, she rested on the mare’s shoulders and smiled, holding on and soaking in her warmth. I really hope they like the gift… She mumbled to herself, feeling a little nervous. Never before had she attempted to give a gift to a group as a whole.

Peaking back over her shoulder, she took in Wayne’s form and the smile grew broader. She was in love, it was official. If it hadn’t been for his outburst upon her arrival from AniWaya, coming to such a conclusion would have taken longer. Despite the initial panic and sadness, the outcome was wonderful and she wouldn’t take it back for the world. Merry Christmas, Wayne…I love you.

<style type="text/css">
.lovher b {font-weight:bold; color:#887b52; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1a1504; }
.lovher p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.lovher {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#524a35; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aLHGo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b8162; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.lovher p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.lovher p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread