Setting sun
[html]
The jackal couldn’t help but laugh lightly as all the questions suddenly poured out at the mere mention of boat. “Actually I’ve been on three boats since I began my travel. But yeah, travel by boat can be pretty but if you have to stay on one for a few months at a time, It get’s rather difficult to cope with the lack of land. Sure the sight is pretty when the sea is more or less calm and it’s rather relaxing. But I swear I will never be fully used to the lack of land. Plus being cooped up with the same people for months at a time kind of makes sure that you have to get along with them for the sake of the trip. Cause one false step and you’re overboard, in cold water and lost at sea.“ Not to mention when on a longer trip, one had to constantly help out where possible. Either cooking, cleaning or managign the sails when the wind was stronger.

“Originally, though, I come from Zambia. A little spot of tropical heaven with hot and humid weather around the year and gorgeous waterfalls. Not to mention jungles and a nice span of high plateau’s with a dash of mountains and hills here and there. A lot of bugs and critters that can kill on bite compared to this place though. Whilst it was pretty, I couldn’t stand the heat and humidity due to my... well unnatural coloration condition. Hence why I left when I was two, just a bit before the slightly cooler season started so I would not die traveling.” Which of course was still hot as hell compared to the temperatures about the current areas. Above 20C wasn’t that much but the humidity was annoying as hell.

The jackal would lean back fully against the tree to remain comfortable for the time being whilst fingers would put away the bone knife and the bag of fine sand used to ‘polish’ wood all whilst offering smaller nods here and there. “Huuu god. I will probably not be able to remember all of those names. Quite the diverse culture you have here. But thank you for the bit of information regardless. Every little bit helps to make sure I don’t accidentally travel through a pack’s territory. Don’t want to be an eyesore around. Even if I won’t be around for long I assume. Have to find my own little place to stay before I can stop moving about.”

At the mention of the skill though, the albino couldn’t help but belink for a moment before lips widening into yet another smile. “Oh, back home everyone knows how to make trinkets. We pride ourselves with colorful ritualistic outfits and decorated huts. My father was crafter by occupation though. Metal, bone, wood... wire... all such things. And my mother was a healer. So I picked up a bit from both. But seeing as this vegetation is different I don’t really know the healing herbs or properties of plants here so I try to get my way through with things I can craft whilst on the move. So smaller things. Anythibg larger would have me stranded in one place and having to set up a corner. But anyway. What do you do around these parts anyway?” Sizable auricles woudl flicker as that thin, yet fairly long muzzle turned towards her with genuine curiosity.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread