Setting sun
[html]

Word Count » 714 :: OOC: You do NOT have to match my word count!! I am sorry you have to read all this but I did try to make it interesting enough to read :3

“THREE boats!?!

She said in astonishment, her eyes widening at the thought of being on more than one boat. She knew he meant at different times but that must have been quite the trip! He mentioned it wasn’t exactly all fun and games being cooped up in one place. Eclipse could understand that not being able to wander far would put her in a unhappy mood, and just being near the water, so deep, she didn’t think she could manage it. She had seen them from afar and wondered what it was like, but she didn’t want to stay on them for months on end. Not like Achtas said.

“Wow... so those who own the ships, how do they stay sane if they are always on the ships? Do they not like the land or something? Traveling too far at all?”

She asked with interest, words that were probably something he wouldn’t know but she wouldn’t be too disappointed if he just shrugged at her, just knowing someone who had been on one was good enough for her. Well she knew a few but never really got the nerve to really as them much about the boats. Atchas explained about his home, and could imagine such a beautiful place. much like the mountains with the waterfalls except with more denser trees. being south in the Americas she had discovered some very nice newly made forests. After the humans had died the trees sprang up where ever they pleased and the earth was able to do what she wanted with her land without the destruction that they gave her. Eclipse knew very little about humans though but the place Achtas explaned seemed like a wonderful place to live, but aparently it was not suitable for him. She listened to him with rapt attention, her imagination soaring as he spoke of his home,

“It is too bad it is so far away, or I would visit it. It looks like a nice place to go. I do not like being away from my family for too long. I’ve done a little traveling. I went further south for a few months. It’s nice to see other lands, but my home has always been around here.”

She said motioning to the mountains and the area her family was at. Many of them weren’t there anymore but she still considered her pack her family. She smiled as he spoke about not being able to remember them. She was sure he would learn soon enough He would have to if as he said was right. Though she frowned at that. She just made a friend who gave her something so beautiful... to not see him again.... she looked down at the hairpin he gave her, and then back up thinking positive, she would still be his friend no matter where he went. He explaiend his skill and she smiled a sad smile remembering her father having once helped her learn some of her inate skills of hunting, and her mother had read to her many times. Eclipse had learned to read in her mother’s memory, though it had been a hard process and she had a little help, but it helped her far more than she thought it could.

“Well you will have to come find me in spring. I know a lot about herbs plant,s and spices I don’t know their healing qualities but I can make a mad stew with many of the spices, I just know what some stuff are called, and I do have a book that tells you what some herbs do. And I am a hunter too. I’m learning how to use a bow and arrow so i can take down a deer on my own. I saw a friend do it once, but it takes a lot of practice.”

She said putting her finger on the bow that had been made for her on the journey she had just come back from. It hurt her to know her friend would never be around again. He had gone south, far more south than Eclipse could ever go, but their paths had to end somewhere and she kenew it.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

Messages In This Thread