Setting sun
[html]
OOC: It's all good! <--> Word count: 1011

For once, the albino could completely understand the female’s curiosity as most spent days so far inland that they had never even seen a ship, let along managed to travel aboard one. For instance none of the jackal’s family members had ever done so and actually found the thought of Achi leaving to travel hilarious right up until the point when all things had been packed and the time for final farewells came. It had been obvious at that point that the jackal would probably never be returning as a quest for a new home had been set. Either find a more comfortable place or be another wandering soul lost in the winds for the insects to feed upon once feet could not carry anymore. It was actually a miracle that the albino had managed to come out so far considering odd looks and the inability to move about much during daylight. Well when the sun was out at least. Cloudy weather was all fine.

An awkward moment of silence would allow to the few initial questions as hand would life to rub at the back of neck since honestly having wondered the same things more than once along the journey. At one point, when passing some smaller islands, the albino had actually been contemplating if to get off and live right there so not to be stuck at sea for another week. It had definitely been tempting. “Well usually as I’ve seen ships aren’t owned by individuals. Packs or some larger families that have the know-how passed on seem to control them. Well, more or less. But I honestly cannot understand how they can be at sea for months at a time. Then a few weeks on land and months once again. Shorter periods are fantastic. But if you’re stuck with sea in every direction and follow the stars to go where you must.. it’s a little frightening and constricting. Knowing that should something happen then you’re as good as dead or if you misread the stars you’re as good as lost. I personally couldn’t do that type of work, that I am certain of. Maybe help mend ships, yeah sure, but not travel on it for months at a time. Just too tiresome.”
After all, the first thing that the albino did once off the boat was falling on all fours and kissing the ground since almost having lost faith that it would ever be seen again.

At the mention of the female’s travels, ears would twitch and turn to. After all, moving about to see different cultures and worlds was quite exciting. At the mention of own home being visited, lips parted in a light chuckle before a simple shake of head would follow. “Don’t waste your time dear. It’s nice I suppose due to the wonderful waterfalls and such. But the amount of bugs we have there it’s insane. Not to mention the heat. Not just hot, but hot and humid so you’ll be sweating just from walking about. And besides, if you wanted to go there you’d have to spend approximately half a year on a boat for the trip there and back. Not to mention the part where you’d have to travel by foot. And if you go there you’d definitely need to find a guide since it’s amazingly easy to get lost in the jungles if you don’t know where you need to go. Not to mention all the poisonous things that crawl about. If you get bitten or stung somewhere there, no one will be able to help you. Unless you get lucky and some of the neighboring jackals find you. And are actually friendly enough to help. Which doesn’t happen too often.”
After all, most seemed to stick to themselves and ignore everything else. Well for the most part. They still functioned as a community but were kind of loners at the same time.

“And don’t worry about me leaving so soon. I will probably stick around these parts for until it is summer since I cannot move further North much due to the cold. Not prepared for that and I honestly dislike thought of becoming a...a.... wolfcicle? As silly as that sounds. So if that offer will still be available in spring I will definitely look you up. Some local cuisine sounds like quite the treat.” After all, the albino’s pickings about these areas were fairly slim. Sure, smaller rodents and whatnot like that but being a bit more omnivorous, the jackal also longed for those juicy incects and fruits and berries that were not found in these areas. And eating everything that seemed pretty would not fly. After all, getting ill somewhere along the way was a death sentence for a lone traveler.

Once the topic shifted towards Eclipse’s own skills, the jackal’s smile would widen and a few nods of head given here and there. Whilst the albino knew some form of fighting and hunting, it was nothing comparable to actual hunters. The jackal could of course feed self, but even a large part of that was from insects and fruit. Not exactly as skilled with using weapons as making them. “An entire deer eh? Well I hope you manage to perfect your skill to that point. Back home we never really hunted for anything large. Very rarely. Mostly everyone hunted for themselves or just for their family. Instead of bows and arrows though, my family preferred spears and daggers and knives. Basically anything that you could throw or cut with. So I couldn’t give any pointers there as I only barely know how to use a spear. A bit better with daggers but even so wouldn’t trust myself with them if I actually had to fight someone. Much batter barehanded.” After all claws and fangs were a rather neat little weapon if used right. And the albino’s small and thin frame allowed for great mobility and flexibility. So things were kind of balanced.
“How long have you been practicing so far though? Caught anything with a bow and arrow?”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread