Setting sun
[html]

Word Count » 841 :: Out of character text here.

The silence was normal for Eclipse and she watched his expression as he started speaking. The feeling of foreboding washed over her as he spoke of how he couldn’t understand how some wolves could do it, and the thought made her think that she probably wouldn’t want to try to be on a ship, not with that explanation. She looked out towards where the sea was She had been an inland wolf, but she was born by the sea. Dahlia was by the Bay of Fundy, and memories of herself playing with the waves washed over her. Now she didn’t go out to the sea to play, in fact she was scared of the water. After her near drowning, she didn’t like it much more than to drink with. So the thought of being on a boat for months at a time with nothing but the others around you and the sea to swallow you up... it gave her a constricted feeling. She nodded silently, looking back at he man.

“As beautiful as ships are, I suppose they are only for looks and aren’t as much fun as they seem.”

She said with a finality. She was no longer interested in the ships, not with the feeling he gave her explaining to her about the cramped in feeling beign surrounded by nothing but water.... water you couldn’t drink. It was an extremely scary thought. He explained why she shouldn’t even bother trying to go to his home, and she giggled. She had no intentions of going so far away at all. The thought was all that mattered

“Oh I won’t be leaving here any time soon and it would never be too far. I love my family. Though hot and humid isn’t something I’m too worried about. My travels down south, they have plenty of places like that, where there is little whater, I heard tales of places so dry that there was no life, not even grass. I couldn’t go live in a place like that, but to visit probably wouldn’t be so bad. My home is nice, though change can always be good every once in a while, as long as I can come back again.”

Achtas mentioned a word she hadn’t yheard before though. Jackals, was that what he was? she tilted her head, she couldn’t be too sure about that. She never met one before. A Jackle or an animal such as himself; so it was hard to put together, unless those were native canines that had treated him wrongly? It sure sounded like they were luperci after all. She blushed as he had seen her quiet reaction to his thoughts of possibly being gone sooner or later. She smiled sheepishly and it grew as he said he’d have to look her up for her food. She was pretty good at it, at least she thought so, but she rarely got to make anything for others as they were raw eaters more than anything else. She didn’t mind though. The cooking was just a passion and something she loved to do even if it was only for herself. She tilted her head as he spoke about only hunting small animals, and then for only the individuals. Did his pack not know anything about companionship, sharing, working together?

“My pack, we usually use our lupus forms. Not everyone is trained in spears or even bows and arrows. I actually don’t know if anyone does know how to use a bow... I was taught by a friend when traveling. My pack discourages fighting, though I’m sure we know how. I don’t fight myself... I don’t like it.”

She said. It was true she didn’t like the idea especially after Razikiel had taught her about the great mother. She was not entirely into his religion as he was, but she believed everything he had told her now. After all, how could he be wrong? He was her alpha, and she loved him. That was reason enough to believe just about anything he said. And he tended to say everything bluntly. At his question she blushed a little. Shrugging.

“I’ve only been training for a month. I cannot kill anything yet I’m able to hit a target at least. It’s why I came out here to practice I want to get to the point where I can hunt something delicious for my pack. We share our meals, hunt together live together. We use each other’s help to get things done. My family, we rebuilt our home from an old human house. But No one knows a bow and arrow so I have to try to do what I was taught by my friend.”

She admitted She wasn’t the best at anything at all, though she was fairly a good hunter for her standards. She was able to get things as big as rabbits and woodchucks, even the pheasants that had migrated south. Those were a delicacy.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

Messages In This Thread