Setting sun
[html]

Word Count » 901

She considered what he said and nodded, yes so like anything that was around there were ups and downs of a ship, though she felt that she would just stay on land and be safe rather than risk karma and jump on a boat, even for a day or two. Though the last part made her tilt her head. She liked fish and it was so fun making something out of them. Using different ingredients, they were hard to work with in some instances but made for a very tastey meal.

“Ok I guess I can see where you come from, though I think I’ll stay here. My feet are far better suited to stay on solid ground. The fishing sounds tempting though. I’ve caught something here and there, but i think they were just stupid and jumped into my paws. They are wonderful things to cook with.”

Her eyes wandered to the sky thinking of basil battered trout. Those were delicious, using a fat or another animal, or finding precious other oils that was edible, it just made her want to go out and get something. Though her mind broke from that as he called out his envy, she couldn’t meet his eyes with that statement. No.... she had run away once, when her father left with no word, and she couldn’t bare such rejection that she just kept running from one parental guardian to the next before she found herself an adult and able to take care of herself, then Saul put it into her head that she belonged with Ichika, it was a terrible transition from Dahlia and any of the other places she had been, but as she was still young she was able to cope and learn the new culture of the place and it was able to shape her mind a little, though she didn’t stay for too long even then, she had left for her journey south, though that time with every intentions of coming back. She looked at him, white animals had a hard time seeing in the sun?

“My mother, she was white, I don’t remember her having any trouble, are you sure it was all whites? Or just you?”

She blushed at her brash comment, but it was true, maybe him being white wasn’t the reason to his sensitivity to sunlight, maybe there was something wrong with his eyes? She knew of exchanges of gifts, and she had been lucky, though she had saw once before she met her friend a wolf attacked another because he refused to help him with something and mentioned something about a favor he had done. So she knew of the subtle reasons for a gift and favor though she didn’t think that’s why he was given the goggles at all. He spoke of his “pack” though it sounded far more like a family group, that just hung around and made sure their territory wasn’t taken granted for. So she grew entirely enthusiastic about her own pack when he asked about it and she nodded fervently.

“I think back when the humans were around we were far more selective of who could be with us, and what species, but since the virus I think we have become far more lenient, though that’s a good thing, at least I think so. We can build communities and learn so much, and with the help of humans probably knwo what they knew, just tried not to do exactly what they did to become extinct.”

She smiled widely as he said a sayign he had learned from someone on the ship, and then admitted to it, but it was a truely good saying and she nodded in agreement to his words.

“I’ve had to learn that the hard way, i wasn’t always a homebody... after my father disappeared, I ran away, I kept running until I met up with one of my family again, and though it was hard, I did what I could not to run off again. I soon found that not everyone would do what my dad did and I grew to appreciate what I had and what I could offer. So I had to learn it the hard way.”

She said all this without looking at him. It was hard enough admitting to it, another thing to say it to a stranger turned friend. The compliment he gave to her made her smile a little and look back up.

“Perhaps you would want to give it a try? I guarentee deer meat would taste far more better than that of a rodent that you are so used to eating, and you wouldn’t ahve to rely on any other hunters to share with.”

She said. It was a sudden idea, and she wasn’t sure if she could even teach the man, but the basics to Archery was simple enough, it was just learning the aiming and shooting part that made it so challenging. It would be a good opportunity to have someone to work with, though it would be entirely up to Achtas and not her. If he were not willing she would simply shrug it off. If he were, well they could find enough practice space near where they were now and share the bow.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

Messages In This Thread