Setting sun
[html]
OOC: <--> Word count: 1383

Personally the jackal had nothing against fish though stuck eating it for a few months in a row kind of maked one long for something other than that. Sure it was prepared in different ways but even those became repetitive after a while. Whilst the staff aboard the ship seemed to be more than used to it, the albino had lost a bit of his appetite by the end of the trip and so having stopped asking for seconds even if occasionally fairly hungry. At this moment the jackal was willing to eat anything but fish. At least for a while. On the good side, at least some pointers had been given how to fish better in exchange for some knowledge of how to carve certain items that had to be replaced on the ship. Anything gained from that trip would probably become useful at some point should the jackal be down on luck and have to make a fishing-rod. A catch was more or less guaranteed. It was nice to have options and not to starve if there was at least some kind of body lake or river beside that had fish in it. Lips would part in a bit of a laughter though as a nod was given, land was indeed so much better.
“Heh I can agree with that. As nice as it is to sail, movign over land is so much better. Perhaps not always as fast but at least you can stop and sleep freely whenever you want and you know that when you wake up you won’t be up to the knee in water, forced to grasp anything that floats to try and swim for it. That thought never really did settle well. But fish is good, if you eat it once in a while, not every day.”

Upon the mention of envy, it wasy to tell that the female had become fairly uncomfortable. Saddened even. Apparently something was still amiss in the life that seemed oh so perfect. But of course that was something the jackal would not poke into too much. After all, one should respect private matters and not pry too much. She had been so nice and friendly so ruining it like that would just not do. Perked ears would fall as the awkward air seemed to go on before suddenly head inclined in a light, yet polite, bow.
“My apologies if I offended you somehow. I had no intention of doing so. I shouldn’t assume that everything is so easy and perfect. Of course everyone has their troubles from time to time. So yes, again, I’m sorry to have led the conversation onto that subject.”

The little blush that seemed to suddenly illustrate her expression would have the albino chuckling and adding a light shrug to the matter. “Well honestly I can’t say anything for certain there. Back where I was from, no one was completely white. So it was a fairly awkward moment when I was born. Initially they didn’t even assume I would survive since apparently I was fairly weak. But even as I got better, this illness seemed to remain. It’s not contageous or anything as far as I can tell, but even so it usually makes things odd as it robbed me of my natural color and the ability to enjoy the day.”
Not that it was much of an issue seeing as the jackal was mostly nocturnal. But the lack of an option to walk outside during daylight without goggles was somewhat annoying. It just seemed unfair. Especially when there was snow outside. At one point the albino had seen it during an early morning and the sun bouncing off of it had blinded the jackal for an entire day. Thankfully sight was regained some time after so the damage done was not permanent. But fromt hat point forward the goggles would never come off unless the sun had set and darkness moved in to rule over the land.

Head would peek past the tree once again as the shadows seemed to start to melt together and very little shone into he woods. So it was more or less safe to take the goggles off. Besides as it became darker, the jackal found it fairly hard to see with them on. Twilight, the worst possible time ever. Too dangerous to be without goggles yet barely able to see anything with. But for now, hands would lift to slowly untie one of the knots behind so the protective cover could easily be slipped over muzzle to hang loosely around neck. Such would of course reveal those eyes of blood red. Piercing upon the canvas of snow white fur.

“It’s probably just me since as much as I’ve checked I’m white all over. Even my eyes lacka ny color as you can see blood within them. I just hope it’s not too frightening. I assure you I mean no harm.”
At this point the jackal could just hope not to have scared Eclipse off as most seemed to be rather cautious around, saying that the color was unnatural even though the jackal or no one in the family had done anything to change it to such.

As the topic drifted onto packs and humand, the albino would have to agree that ever since the change, things had become much more tolerant in between species relations. Either good or bad, it was certainly a nice thing to see. After all, what could be bad about everyone getting along? Well some still didn’t, but that had been more or less drawn down to individual cases and not exactly one species hating another. At least do far the albino hadn’t noticed anything of the sort.
“Well I hope that we don’t go down the same path. Even if I will probably be long dead by the time that happens, I wouldn’t want those who come after to live in fear or knowing that everything was going to end with them. The thought of it is rather frightening.”

Ears would perk once again as the reason for her sadness was revealed and even though the albino could not exactly know how it felt, a small empathic whine would be given as it was obvious that it was not easy and family was important to her. Whilst the jackal honestly didn’t care much for own parents aside from respecting them, such was not the same for everyone else so one always had to be open to other options. After all, being closed minded and traveling about the world did not mix well together.
“I am sorry to hear about that. But it made you stronger and now you’re able to fully appreciate everything else! Plus it’s made you more understanding and a better person in general. That I can say from my own experience as you’ve been nothing but sweet and gentle. Not to mention trusting enough to sit and talk to me even though I am a complete stranger to you and these lands you call home.”

At the offer of archery, the albino’s head would tilt a bit to the side before chuckling out a bit and poking tongue out at, “Hey now, that wouldn’t be fair. I would be robbing you of your training time and forcing you to teach me instead. And if I wanted to catch a deer I would simply set a trap and wait. But that would be a waste anyway since I don’t eat that much and it would take too much time to set the meat to dry and make most of the remains to justify killing such a large animal. It simply wouldn’t be fair as others that actually have packs would need it much more than I. As good as your offer sounds, for the safety of all living things around I think it’s best I not be taught such thigns at this point. Because at one point or other I would probably kill something I could not eat and then leave it to rot. After all, if you take a life you better make sure you put it to good use and waste none of it. After all, otherwise it would not be fair and their spirit could not lay to rest.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread